There With You: Highgate church creates community pantry on street for donations
- Credit: All Saints' Highgate
A Highgate church has set up a public pantry for passers-by to make donations - or take something they need.
All Saints’ Highgate, currently closed, has responded to people’s coronavirus troubles by installing the donation point in Talbot Road outside the church.
Priest-in-charge of All Saints, Reverend Timothy Miller, hopes the pantry will prove a useful resource for the Highgate community in such strange and troubled times, highlighting the spirit and generosity of the area.
Rev Miller said: “We were looking for tangible ways of being able to help in the moment so this is a place where people can drop off things that they don’t have the means for.
“This is a really collective way of people being able to reach out to people’s needs in the area and the response has been really positive.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has said how inspired they are and it is something that has helped bring the community together.”
For our essential list of community groups click here.
- 1 Highgate mental illness charity sees 'desperation' rise during Covid year
- 2 Two men charged after police find 'gun, cash and drugs' in Brent Cross flat
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 7 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 8 Arteta asks Arsenal to use 'pain' to punish West Brom
- 9 Toilets, the Ponds, Streatery, Nazanin and Palestine
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates