There With You: Highgate church creates community pantry on street for donations
- Credit: All Saints' Highgate
A Highgate church has set up a public pantry for passers-by to make donations - or take something they need.
All Saints’ Highgate, currently closed, has responded to people’s coronavirus troubles by installing the donation point in Talbot Road outside the church.
Priest-in-charge of All Saints, Reverend Timothy Miller, hopes the pantry will prove a useful resource for the Highgate community in such strange and troubled times, highlighting the spirit and generosity of the area.
Rev Miller said: “We were looking for tangible ways of being able to help in the moment so this is a place where people can drop off things that they don’t have the means for.
“This is a really collective way of people being able to reach out to people’s needs in the area and the response has been really positive.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has said how inspired they are and it is something that has helped bring the community together.”
For our essential list of community groups click here.
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 5 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 6 Highgate School staff must undergo 'anti-sexism training' over summer
- 7 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 8 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved
- 9 Probe into £23m property deal is like 'a vendetta', says ex-deputy leader
- 10 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre