There With You: Highgate church creates community pantry on street for donations
- Credit: All Saints' Highgate
A Highgate church has set up a public pantry for passers-by to make donations - or take something they need.
All Saints’ Highgate, currently closed, has responded to people’s coronavirus troubles by installing the donation point in Talbot Road outside the church.
Priest-in-charge of All Saints, Reverend Timothy Miller, hopes the pantry will prove a useful resource for the Highgate community in such strange and troubled times, highlighting the spirit and generosity of the area.
Rev Miller said: “We were looking for tangible ways of being able to help in the moment so this is a place where people can drop off things that they don’t have the means for.
“This is a really collective way of people being able to reach out to people’s needs in the area and the response has been really positive.
You may also want to watch:
“Everyone has said how inspired they are and it is something that has helped bring the community together.”
For our essential list of community groups click here.
- 1 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 6 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 9 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate