Police find man linked to double murder in critical condition
- Credit: Met Police
A man linked to a police investigation into two murders in Westminster has been taken to hospital in a critical condition.
Officers say they are “confident” they have found Lee Peacock, after visiting a canal barge around Ferrymead Avenue in Ealing on August 25.
Inside the barge the 49-year-old had sustained serious injuries, which police believe were self-inflicted.
Paramedics and the London Air Ambulance attended before the man was taken to hospital where his condition is understood to be life-threatening.
Police previously put out an appeal to find Mr Peacock after the bodies of Sharon Pickles and Clinton Ashmore were found in Lisson Grove on August 19 and 20.
They had suffered stab wounds.
Following the identification of Mr Peacock, the Met’s Directorate of Professional Standards was informed.
The incident was referred to the Independent Office for Police Conduct, which has indicated that it will conduct an independent investigation.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 4 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 7 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'