Sharmake Mohamud: Next hearing set for quintet charged with murder
- Credit: Met Police
A new hearing date has been set for the five males charged with the murder of Newham man Sharmake Mohamud.
The Manor Park resident died as a result of a gunshot wound received during an incident in Green Lanes, near the junction with West Green Road in Haringey.
Two other men – aged in their 20s and 30s – were also injured during the incident, but have both now been discharged from hospital.
Rashed Musa, 24, of North Circular Road, N13, has been charged with murder.
Alongside Musa, 21-year-old Mehdi Younes, of Bowes Road in Arnos Grove and 24-year-old Abdul Mohamed, of Corinium Close in Wembley, have also been charged.
Two 16-year-old males have also been charged as above.
All five males have additionally been charged with the attempted murder of two other men.
A sixth male - aged 14 - has been charged with perverting the course of justice.
- 1 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 2 10 suspected north London drug dealers arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Hampstead's Old White Bear to reopen before Christmas
- 4 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 5 Men wanted in connection with 'appalling' antisemitic incident on Oxford Street
- 6 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 9 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival
- 10 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
Following a hearing at Thames Magistrates' Court today - Saturday, November 20 - all five males charged with murder and attempted murder have been remanded to appear before the Old Bailey on November 23.
Musa, Younes and Mohamed have been remanded into custody, while the two 16-year-old males have been remanded into youth detention accommodation.
The sixth male has been released on conditional bail.
Ali Cessay, 28, of no fixed address, was previously charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder and possession of a prohibited weapon.
He appeared at the Old Bailey on November 1 and will next appear at the same court on January 17, 2022.
Four men aged in their early 20s, who were arrested on suspicion of murder on September 22, have all now been released by police with no further action.