Man charged with murder of Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- Credit: Met Police
A man has been charged with the murder of 22-year-old Sharmake Mohamud from Newham.
Ali Cessay, 28, of no fixed address, was arrested by detectives at Heathrow Airport on October 27.
On October 28 Cessay appeared at Uxbridge Magistrates Court and was charged with murder, two counts of attempted murder and possession of a prohibited weapon.
He will appear at the Old Bailey today (November 1).
Two men in their 20s and 30s also received gunshot injuries as a result of the incident and both received hospital treatment before being discharged.
Four men, all in their early 20s, were arrested on suspicion of murder on September 22, but have since been released with no further action.
- 1 Bus collides with lamppost in Muswell Hill crash
- 2 Developer told to dig up granite slabs at Hornsey Town Hall Square
- 3 George Michael estate helps fund Highgate Christmas lights
- 4 Stephen Mangan has Crouch End pupils 'in stitches'
- 5 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood feels like walking in a winter wonderland
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Antonio Conte's lungs put in a shift as Spurs beat Brentford
- 9 Haringey flasher targeted young girls for 'obscene gratification'
- 10 Covid-19: Omicron cases confirmed in Haringey and Barnet