Police name Newham man fatally shot in Haringey
- Credit: Met Police
A 22-year-old man from Newham who was fatally shot in Haringey has been named by police.
Sharmake Mohamud, who lived in Manor Park, died at the scene in Green Lanes, near the junction with West Green Road, in Haringey on Tuesday night (September 21).
While formal identification awaits, Sharmake's next of kin have been informed and his family are being supported by specialist officers.
A post mortem examination yesterday (Thursday, September 23) gave the cause of death as a gunshot wound.
Police believe two other men were injured in the incident.
Four men, all aged in their early 20s, were arrested on suspicion of murder and have been bailed to returned to police in early October.
Detectives are continuing to appeal for information and witnesses.
Anyone who saw the shooting, has information or has dashcam footage is asked to call police on 101 or contact via Twitter @MetCC and quote CAD 8093/21SEP.
To give information anonymously contact Crimestoppers at crimestoppers-uk.org or by calling 0800 555 111.
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 10 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally