Friends wish Elizabeth a happy 101st
- Credit: Highgate Bupa Care Home
A Highgate resident has celebrated her 101st birthday with friends and carers.
Elizabeth Bowles has lived at Bupa’s The Highgate Care Home for the last five years.
She enjoyed cake and flowers with friends and carers at the Hornsey Lane home.
Elizabeth is a member of the parish church in Muswell Hill and attended Sunday service every week before lockdown. As a young lady, Elizabeth enjoyed flower arranging and created arrangements for church.
She describes the day in 1943 that she married Harold Bowles as her most memorable moment. Harold served as an army officer but had a passion for singing and Elizabeth would sometimes accompany her husband on stage at some of his concerts. Elizabeth also had a career as a shorthand secretary before working as a medical secretary for a consultant at St Ann’s hospital in Haringey.
You may also want to watch:
“Reaching 101 is certainly very special and I am very grateful that my friends and carers here at The Highgate went to so much trouble to help me celebrate,” she said.
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 What do you think of the Regent’s Park and Primrose Hill bins?
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome 'chooses love' at interfaith Covid vaccine drive
- 4 Ibiza comes to Kenwood with meditation and music for 'healthy hedonists'
- 5 Porsche driver tries to get car insured on phone when stopped by police
- 6 Man stabbed to death at Brent Cross Shopping Centre
- 7 Tree topples onto neighbour's car after South Hampstead winds
- 8 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 9 Sabrina Francis made Camden's first Black woman mayor
- 10 St John's Wood High Street traders' fears after Harry's closure