Friends wish Elizabeth a happy 101st
- Credit: Highgate Bupa Care Home
A Highgate resident has celebrated her 101st birthday with friends and carers.
Elizabeth Bowles has lived at Bupa’s The Highgate Care Home for the last five years.
She enjoyed cake and flowers with friends and carers at the Hornsey Lane home.
Elizabeth is a member of the parish church in Muswell Hill and attended Sunday service every week before lockdown. As a young lady, Elizabeth enjoyed flower arranging and created arrangements for church.
She describes the day in 1943 that she married Harold Bowles as her most memorable moment. Harold served as an army officer but had a passion for singing and Elizabeth would sometimes accompany her husband on stage at some of his concerts. Elizabeth also had a career as a shorthand secretary before working as a medical secretary for a consultant at St Ann’s hospital in Haringey.
You may also want to watch:
“Reaching 101 is certainly very special and I am very grateful that my friends and carers here at The Highgate went to so much trouble to help me celebrate,” she said.
- 1 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 2 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 3 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 4 Arsenal start pre-season with win over Chelsea but dealt blow with Jordan Nobbs injury
- 5 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 6 'Time for banks to share a Crouch End branch'
- 7 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 8 E-scooters set for Camden as council boss backs rental trial
- 9 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs
- 10 Motorcyclist in 'life-threatening' condition after collision with a car in Maida Vale