Crouch End salon shortlisted in British hairdressing awards
- Credit: Crown London
A hairdresser in Crouch End has been shortlisted for two national awards.
Crown London, in Park Road, is up for salon team of the year, and salon stylist of the year at the Hairdressers Journal’s British Hairdressing Business Awards 2021.
The awards recognise the country’s outstanding salons working in the UK’s £8bn hair and beauty industry, which employs more than 288,000 people.
Jay Lefèvre, director of Crown London, said: “We are thrilled to have made the finals of such a respected event.
“I’m incredibly proud of what we have achieved, both as a business and an industry at large.”
Winners will be announced at a ceremony on October 4 at Park Plaza Westminster Bridge.
Jayne Lewis-Orr, executive director of the British Hairdressing Business Awards, said: “In an extraordinary year that has seen hairdressing hit headlines more than ever before, Crown London should feel proud to be recognised for pulling together in the face of adversity.”
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 2 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 3 Gold and silver for a Platinum Jubilee party
- 4 Two more charged in connection with Olsi Kuka killing in Barnet
- 5 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
- 6 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 7 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 8 Home of the week: Hampstead flat with garden for £1.25m
- 9 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 10 'We bring hope for them': Crouch End homeless charity out on the streets
Sixteen trophies will be awarded overall, including categories such as best salon design, customer care and most exciting new innovation.
During the pandemic Crown London teamed up with local businesses to feed NHS workers at the Whittington Hospital.