Finsbury Park man due in court charged with pub murder
- Credit: PA
A 58-year-old man from Finsbury Park has been charged with murder, over a fatal stabbing in a pub.
Timothy Simon, of Ray Walk, Islington, is accused of stabbing a man, also aged 58, at the Star And Scorpion in Uxbridge Road, Ealing, just before midnight on Saturday (July 23).
He is due to appear at Uxbridge Magistrates’ Court today (July 26).
Anyone with information about the stabbing can contact police on 101 quoting reference CAD 8656/23Jul.
The victim’s death was one of three separate murders in London over the weekend.
A man was shot in High Road, Wood Green at about 9.30pm on Sunday, and pronounced dead at the scene half an hour later.
A third man, Sam Brown, 28, was fatally shot in Waltham Forest, earlier that day just after midnight, and was taken to hospital but later died.
Another 26-year-old man was shot dead last week in Bruckner Street, Queens Park in the early hours of Tuesday July 19 - meaning three people were shot dead in separate killings in London in the space of six days.
- 1 Muswell Hill GP surgery rated 'inadequate' for safety by watchdog
- 2 War veteran tackled suspected thief in Hampstead – and then 'got the sack'
- 3 Eight people arrested in London and Kent over fatal shooting
- 4 Hunter caught terrorising fox by London saboteurs avoids jail
- 5 Immersive monkey enclosure opens at London ZSL Zoo
- 6 'Do Not Travel' on trains to the North and Scotland for rest of day
- 7 Chalcots: Camden accused of trying to suppress 'overheating' windows report
- 8 Kenwood House wins permission for large events – despite end to concerts
- 9 Temporary barbecue ban enforced in Camden's parks
- 10 Legal challenge over Met Police access to ULEZ cameras
Three fatal gun deaths in less than a week is unusual in London.
Seven people were arrested over the death and released under investigation.