Your chance to win a �100 case of South African wines - or buy them for half price with this offer
Click here for more detailsTASTE OF SOUTH AFRICA National Day of South Africa – 27th April 2009 The wonders of South Africa are sure to awaken your senses, as you ll know if you ve been there. But while it may be most famous for its wildlife adventures and breathtaking landscapes,
TASTE OF SOUTH AFRICA
National Day of South Africa - 27th April 2009
The wonders of South Africa are sure to awaken your senses, as you'll know if you've been there. But while it may be most famous for its wildlife adventures and breathtaking landscapes, South Africa caters for taste as well as sight and sound, thanks to its fine food and, perhaps more importantly, its wine. As one of the New World's oldest wine producing nations, South African wines are packed with character and depth.
Most notable are the country's dry Sauvignon Blancs or clean crisp Chenin Blancs , or if you prefer reds, South Africa produces some stunning full and fruity shiraz, elegant Cabernet Sauvignons, and of course, their own grape variety, Pinotage, results in some beautiful full-bodied wines. Since the end of Apartheid, wine production has boomed in South Africa, with many producers learning new winemaking processes and experimenting with sustainable practices, resulting in an industry that has more variety and depth than ever before.
You may also want to watch:
In the meantime, raise a glass to South Africa by entering this competition to win a �100 case of South African wine courtesy of Virgin Wines.
Simply answer this question to be in with a chance of winning...
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
South African wine is largely produced in regions around which city?
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to South Africa Wines Competition, Ham&High, 100A Avenue Road, Hampstead NW3 3HF, remembering to include your postal address and daytime contact details. Entries should arrive no later than noon on Monday, April 20.
Celebrate South Africa Day by taking advantage of this half-price offer – visit www.virginwines.com/hamhigh to receive a half-price case of South African wine – was �100, now �49.99. Terms and conditions apply. See website for details.