Young film makers can have a shot at glory
BUDDING film-makers who fancy themselves as the next Scorsese can learn the tricks of the trade this summer, thanks to a new course in Camden. The scheme will offer intensive training in all aspects of film-making from scriptwriting and production to dire
BUDDING film-makers who fancy themselves as the next Scorsese can learn the tricks of the trade this summer, thanks to a new course in Camden.
The scheme will offer intensive training in all aspects of film-making from scriptwriting and production to directing actors.
After the course, participants can apply for funding to make a short film, and will receive professional support to transform their ideas into a reality.
Aspiring film-maker Mumina Khatun took part in a similar course last year and her film, The Knowledge, about a female taxi driver working in King's Cross, was screened at The Renoir.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old said: "The course gave me a much greater knowledge of how the industry works, such as how to pitch ideas.
"I was interested in going into the film industry before, now I'm going to university to study film and TV."
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
Camden Council teamed up with Haringey, Islington and Enfield councils to launch the North London Film Fund, which runs from September 2 to 18.
It is open to any of the boroughs' residents aged over 18.
Films made will be entered into the Bobs (best of boroughs) awards for London short film-making.
For more information or to apply to the course visit www.camden.gov.uk/filmfund or call 020-7974 1647.