WHO'S WHO: Laurie M Bach and Coco Asanuma
Laurie M Bach and Coco Asanuma are volunteer helpers at the St John s Hospice shop in St John s Wood High Street What do you like most about working in St John s Wood? LM: The uniqueness of the area. It has a real sense of community. The high street is
Laurie M'Bach and Coco Asanuma are volunteer helpers at the St John's Hospice shop in St John's Wood High Street
What do you like most about working in St John's Wood?
LM: The uniqueness of the area. It has a real sense of
community. The high street is very un-commercialised, most of the shops are independently owned. Plus, you're not
You may also want to watch:
constantly being watched by CCTV camera, as you are in most other parts of London.
What is your favourite local building?
- 1 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 2 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 3 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 4 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 5 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 6 Flick Rea: Community celebrates 'Empress of West Hampstead'
- 7 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 8 Supermarkets report shortages as shelves left empty
- 9 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 10 'Unacceptable': Ofsted inspection reveals failures of Haringey Council SEND
CA: Lord's cricket ground - it's very historical. I love cricket and go there quite a lot to support England.
LM: The hospitals are wonderful - you get a very special service for free. Then there's St. John's Hospice which brings together a group of caring individuals. That's the magic of the place, just one visit really makes you value your life.
What is your favourite local restaurant?
LM: Carluccio's (in St John's Wood High Street) has fantastic food. It's our lunchtime favourite.
What do you do in the area at weekends?
CA: I usually go to the Japanese centre. I like to do healing there.
What's the best thing about living in the area?
LM: Everyone here knows each other and looks out for one another. There's no problem with speaking to people and
making eye contact like in other areas of London. You know your neighbours here and support them, it turns back the wheels of time.
What's the worst thing about living in the area?
LM: The people who steal donated clothes from the front of the shop before it opens in the morning. It happens regularly, but is only a small minority. It costs a lot to live here as well; you pay the price but you also reap the benefits.
Who was the last celebrity you saw here?
CA: Kiki Dee donated last weekend and Paul McCartney was in here recently too.
LM: Madonna is a major contributor to our hospice as well.