WHO'S WHO: Laura Green, Artist and Arsenal fan
Award-winning artist Laura Green, 29, has exhibited all over the world. She works from a studio in Westbourne Park. She lives in West Hampstead with her husband Mark, and is a fervent Arsenal fan. How long have you lived in the area? I ve lived in West
Award-winning artist Laura Green, 29, has exhibited all over the world. She works from a studio in Westbourne Park. She lives in West Hampstead with her husband Mark, and is a fervent Arsenal fan.
How long have you lived in the area?
I've lived in West Hampstead for about a year. When I got married, I moved from Hampstead Garden Suburb where I'd lived all my life.
What is the best thing about West Hampstead?
You may also want to watch:
The best thing is the close proximity to so many bars, restaurants and cafes, and to lots of my friends.
What is the worst thing?
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 4 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 9 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 10 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
I don't think there is anything bad about the area. I love it here. If I had to choose, I suppose it would be the parking tickets. The road works here mean there are always people trying to catch you out.
Which local shops and restaurants are your favourites?
I like West End Lane Books. It's a real old-fashioned, traditional bookshop with no music blaring. Whenever I buy a book there, it's always a winner. I also love Roni's Bagel Bakery on West End Lane. They are the best bagels in town and I should know because I'm a bagel expert.
What is your favourite building?
Camden Arts Centre, because it's a great space and they always have good shows on.
If you were mayor for the day, what would you do?
I would bring back the pigeons to Trafalgar Square. I love them. When Ken removed them, it was really sad. They are a great tourist attraction and they are one of the best things about London. I wouldn't want them everywhere though, just in Trafalgar Square.
Who was the last celebrity you saw in the area?
Ken Livingstone funnily enough. I saw him a couple of weeks ago, but I always see him when I'm going for a run.
How did you decide you wanted to be an artist?
I studied Fine Art at university and it spiralled from there really. It was an interest of mine at first and then I realised it was my calling. It's one of those things that you just are or you aren't.