WHO'S WHO: Kim Thomas, nutritional therapist
How long have you been working in Hampstead? I ve worked here for four years, having previously lived in the Scottish Highlands near the Black Isle. Six months ago I moved into a house in Cricklewood. Why did you move? I moved to London to study nutriti
How long have you been working in Hampstead?
I've worked here for four years, having previously lived in the Scottish Highlands near the Black Isle. Six months ago I moved into a house in Cricklewood.
Why did you move?
I moved to London to study nutritional therapy, and I came to work here to help them change the old pharmacy to a natural remedies store.
You may also want to watch:
What's your favourite thing about the area?
Hampstead Heath. It's so great to have a green area in the city. It reminds me of home. I don't go up there as often as I'd like, though.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 3 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 4 'Forgotten Rivers' route proposed by The Ramblers
- 5 Hampstead Heath bosses look for injunction power to stop bad behaviour
- 6 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 7 'The good times are back': Brendan the Navigator pub opens in Highgate
- 8 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 9 Lilian Baylis House: Old Decca Studios site for sale, but could become listed
- 10 Teenage girls admit string of Hampstead robberies
What's the biggest eyesore?
Finchley Road. I don't like all the noise and the pollution. But what can you do? It's also a lifeline, it's what keeps people coming through. It's a city, it's got to be both good and bad.
WhICH IS your favourite local restaurant?
I like Tiki, the organic cafe next door. The staff are really nice and the organic sandwiches are lovely.
IF YOU WERE MAYOR FOR A DAY, WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
I'd get some more parking spaces around here and more green spaces on Finchley Road as well. It would be nice for there to be more places to sit outside, rather than being inside all the time.
Do you have any celebrity customers?
Simon Amstell comes in, he's become a regular in the last couple of months. Also Indira Josha from the Kumars comes in. We had Emma Thompson in once as well.
If you could have anyone move in next door, who would it be?
Probably Patrick Holford, the celebrity nutritionist. He supports freedom of choice when it comes to supplements and so do we. If we could have more publicity about the benefits of using these it would help the business.
What would you do if you had a million pounds to spend in a day?
I'd like more places where people can learn about complementary medicine and help themselves. We are building treatment rooms downstairs for local practitioners to use.
WHAT TIPS Would you have for anyone moving to the area?
Move a little bit further out like the Cricklewood area and you'll get cheaper accommodation. Cricklewood is also just so handy for getting TO everywhere in the city.