WHO'S WHO: Ian Davis, dentist and photographerf
Ian Davis is a dentist in Golders Green. Passionate about photography, he has decided to combine his work with his favourite hobby by shooting artistic photos of moulds of his patients mouths being treated by tiny models of workmen. He has been working
Ian Davis is a dentist in Golders Green. Passionate about photography, he has decided to combine his work with his favourite hobby by shooting artistic photos of moulds of his patients' mouths being treated by tiny models of workmen.
He has been working in the area for 10 years and his photos can be viewed at www.toothville.co.uk
What do you like MOST about Golders Green?
I like the fact that it's a multicultural area. I like its shops. I also think Golders Hill Park is a very enjoyable place to be. It's quite central too, close to the centre of London. There is also a solid Jewish community here, with kosher restaurants, which is important to me.
You may also want to watch:
What is the worst thing about the area?
The worst thing has to be the traffic and parking in the neighbourhood. Golders Green also looks a bit sad, there are a lot of empty shops which have finally closed down on Golders Green Road. I feel it needs a bit of a push forward.
- 1 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 2 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 3 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 4 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 5 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
- 6 Slavia Prague v Arsenal: Five Things We Learned
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 9 Myanmar ambassador pleads for help from Hampstead doorstep
- 10 For Nazanin's sake, hostage-taking must be a nuclear deal issue
What is your favourite place?
It would probably be Golders Hill Park. It's a beautiful place with lovely animals in the zoo. It's a large park and I always find it interesting.
DO YOU HAVE A favourite local restaurant?
Yes - my favourite is Solly's. It's a kosher restaurant. I like the food and the atmosphere, and go to eat there about once a week.
What's the first thing you would you do if you were mayor for the day?
I would try to encourage people to use their cars less often. To achieve that, I would really improve public transport, thus encouraging people to use it as much as possible.
What is your favourite Golders Green anecdote?
I like looking back on my childhood memories from there. I used to go to school in Golders Green, so it's funny to be working in the same area now.