WHO'S WHO: Ian Davis, dentist and photographerf
Ian Davis is a dentist in Golders Green. Passionate about photography, he has decided to combine his work with his favourite hobby by shooting artistic photos of moulds of his patients mouths being treated by tiny models of workmen. He has been working
Ian Davis is a dentist in Golders Green. Passionate about photography, he has decided to combine his work with his favourite hobby by shooting artistic photos of moulds of his patients' mouths being treated by tiny models of workmen.
He has been working in the area for 10 years and his photos can be viewed at www.toothville.co.uk
What do you like MOST about Golders Green?
I like the fact that it's a multicultural area. I like its shops. I also think Golders Hill Park is a very enjoyable place to be. It's quite central too, close to the centre of London. There is also a solid Jewish community here, with kosher restaurants, which is important to me.
What is the worst thing about the area?
The worst thing has to be the traffic and parking in the neighbourhood. Golders Green also looks a bit sad, there are a lot of empty shops which have finally closed down on Golders Green Road. I feel it needs a bit of a push forward.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 5 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 6 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 7 Man wanted after serious assault in Sussex 'may live in Camden'
- 8 Calls for removal of South End Green phone box
- 9 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 10 Campaign launched after girl suffers fractured ribs from e-scooter crash
What is your favourite place?
It would probably be Golders Hill Park. It's a beautiful place with lovely animals in the zoo. It's a large park and I always find it interesting.
DO YOU HAVE A favourite local restaurant?
Yes - my favourite is Solly's. It's a kosher restaurant. I like the food and the atmosphere, and go to eat there about once a week.
What's the first thing you would you do if you were mayor for the day?
I would try to encourage people to use their cars less often. To achieve that, I would really improve public transport, thus encouraging people to use it as much as possible.
What is your favourite Golders Green anecdote?
I like looking back on my childhood memories from there. I used to go to school in Golders Green, so it's funny to be working in the same area now.