WHO'S WHO: Dr Otto Chan, consultant radiologist
DR OTTO CHAN, a consultant radiologist from Fellows Road, was recently threatened with arrest after offering a no questions asked reward for the return of his stolen computer. On it he had stored irreplaceable images of his family and friends WHAT DO Y
DR OTTO CHAN, a consultant radiologist from Fellows Road, was recently threatened with arrest after offering a 'no questions asked' reward for the return of his stolen computer. On it he had stored irreplaceable images of his family and friends
WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT BELSIZE PARK?
The schools are fantastic - some of the best in the country. There are also the great parks. Hampstead Heath and Regent's Park are right next to each other, and are completely different, but great in their own ways. They provide a village atmosphere, but it's also a lively place to live at the same time.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL BUILDING?
The new Swiss Cottage centre caters for everyone, and has a real local community feel. It has great facilities, especially the library and swimming pool. However, it was a real shame that they got rid of the larger public football pitch there.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL RESTAURANT?
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 3 Walking book club: Hampstead Heath, Death and The Penguin
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 5 of the best things to do with kids in north London
- 6 Olympic ace opens Highgate primary school's new running track
- 7 Highgate pub landlords to appeal restrictive licence approval
- 8 Cartoonist creates celebrity tube stops
- 9 Monkeypox: 7 patients in Homerton and Royal Free hospitals
- 10 Renaissance painting discovered in pensioner's bedroom sells for £255k
I'd have to say Nandos in Chalk Farm. It's cheap and cheerful and the kids love it!
WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE AREA AT WEEKENDS?
We have two dogs, so we go to the Heath a lot. My daughter goes to the Talacre Centre for gymnastics. It's a fantastic place - so good in fact, that it's completely over-subscribed!
WHAT TIPS WOULD YOU GIVE TO PEOPLE MOVING TO THE AREA?
That they'd made the right choice because you couldn't move to a better place. I feel incredibly lucky to live here, it's very cosmopolitan with a great mix of people. The only thing I would say is that it's hugely expensive, but you won't find anyone happier here than me!
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?
I don't read books, I prefer newspapers. I read the Ham&High every week, front to back. It's one of the best locals around because it represents the views of local residents really well..
FOOTBALL OR CRICKET?
Both! I specialise in sports injury, so I'm really into sport. My main interests are football, cricket and rugby.
WHERE WAS YOUR LAST HOLIDAY?
France. We bought a place out there, so we go there regularly. I was brought up in Spain, so we go there a lot too.