WHO'S WHO: Dr Otto Chan, consultant radiologist
DR OTTO CHAN, a consultant radiologist from Fellows Road, was recently threatened with arrest after offering a no questions asked reward for the return of his stolen computer. On it he had stored irreplaceable images of his family and friends WHAT DO Y
DR OTTO CHAN, a consultant radiologist from Fellows Road, was recently threatened with arrest after offering a 'no questions asked' reward for the return of his stolen computer. On it he had stored irreplaceable images of his family and friends
WHAT DO YOU LIKE MOST ABOUT BELSIZE PARK?
The schools are fantastic - some of the best in the country. There are also the great parks. Hampstead Heath and Regent's Park are right next to each other, and are completely different, but great in their own ways. They provide a village atmosphere, but it's also a lively place to live at the same time.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL BUILDING?
You may also want to watch:
The new Swiss Cottage centre caters for everyone, and has a real local community feel. It has great facilities, especially the library and swimming pool. However, it was a real shame that they got rid of the larger public football pitch there.
WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL RESTAURANT?
- 1 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 2 Dusty Springfield to Doris Lessing: A dive into West Hampstead history
- 3 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Richard Ratcliffe on hunger strike over government failure to secure Nazanin's release
- 6 Christmas at Kenwood light trail gets go-ahead
- 7 'As a welcoming, tolerant and caring community, we have all lost'
- 8 'From Archway to Selfridges… The Toy Project'
- 9 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
I'd have to say Nandos in Chalk Farm. It's cheap and cheerful and the kids love it!
WHAT DO YOU DO IN THE AREA AT WEEKENDS?
We have two dogs, so we go to the Heath a lot. My daughter goes to the Talacre Centre for gymnastics. It's a fantastic place - so good in fact, that it's completely over-subscribed!
WHAT TIPS WOULD YOU GIVE TO PEOPLE MOVING TO THE AREA?
That they'd made the right choice because you couldn't move to a better place. I feel incredibly lucky to live here, it's very cosmopolitan with a great mix of people. The only thing I would say is that it's hugely expensive, but you won't find anyone happier here than me!
WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING AT THE MOMENT?
I don't read books, I prefer newspapers. I read the Ham&High every week, front to back. It's one of the best locals around because it represents the views of local residents really well..
FOOTBALL OR CRICKET?
Both! I specialise in sports injury, so I'm really into sport. My main interests are football, cricket and rugby.
WHERE WAS YOUR LAST HOLIDAY?
France. We bought a place out there, so we go there regularly. I was brought up in Spain, so we go there a lot too.