Highgate drummer set for Waterlow Park 'pop-up prom'
- Credit: Sunny Steel Band
A musician who went to St Michael's Primary is taking to the stage on Sunday at the second "pop-up prom" in Waterlow Park.
Thomas Alleyne, who leads the Sunny Steel Band, will be performing just moments from where he went to school – and where his mum Mrs Sinclair was a teacher.
Sunny Steel Band also features Sam and Adam Ouissellat. The band aim to bring an "authentic Calypso sound" to north London.
On Sunday (August 1), the first pop-up prom, held by the Friends of Waterlow Park, featured the Tailleferre Ensemble.
The Tailleferre Ensemble is a trio of performers specialising in the oboe, the clarinet and the bassoon. They played pieces from classical greats like Mozart as well as more modern musicians.
The pop-up proms continue for a total of eight weeks, with performers playing at the North Pavilion, near to the statue of Sir Sydney Waterlow. The concerts begin at 3pm on Sundays and should last around an hour and a quarter.
- 1 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 2 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 7 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 8 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 9 'Large cannabis factory’ discovered on Frobisher Road
- 10 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'