Usher says London feels like home during Camden show watched by Jessie J and Chipmunk
Musician Usher has told fans that London feels like a home from home to him.
The R&B star opened the iTunes festival at The Roundhouse in Camden with an hour and a half of his biggest hits.
Celebrity fans including Jessie J, Chipmunk and Natalie Imbruglia danced and sang along while he performed some of his biggest hits including OMG, Yeah, Burn and You Remind Me.
He told the audience: “ I’m so happy to be here. Every time I’m here I feel this is my home away from home.
“London I wish you to know I love you. It’s so easy to be unappreciative of the things you have.”
Usher sent screaming girls wild when he ripped his black vest off during a rendition of Without You, his hit with DJ David Guetta.
But the 33-year-old showed not all his moves were quite so smooth when he slipped off the edge of the stage while dancing to breakthrough single You Make Me Wanna and was made to perform 40 push-ups as a penalty from his backing dancers.
- 1 Police probe reports of shooting at scene of crash in West Hampstead
- 2 Disabled swimmer loses court battle over Heath swimming prices
- 3 Primrose Hill gates could close again due to antisocial behaviour
- 4 New toilets and changing rooms in Hampstead ponds £700,000 revamp
- 5 St John's Wood prep school downgraded to 'requires improvement'
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Cops hunt 'crucial' witness 'Sandra' who helped teen rape victim
- 8 Jailed: 10 north London offenders put behind bars in May
- 9 TfL worker launches petition to reinstate Finsbury Park to Edgware railway
- 10 Old Bailey: Pair enter pleas over Alex Smith murder
Addressing the crowd, the singer made jokes about his Wikipedia entry, saying his webpage incorrectly lists his middle name as Terry. He said: “I don’t have a middle name, I am just Usher Raymond. My middle name is not Terry!”
His high octane performances and banter with the crowd did nothing to reveal the recent troubles in his personal life. His 11-year-old stepson Kile Glover died in July after a jetskiing accident and he was engaged in a custody battle for his two sons.
The month-long iTunes fesitval will see free shows from stars including Alicia Keys, Lana Del Rey and One Direction.