Usher says London feels like home during Camden show watched by Jessie J and Chipmunk
Musician Usher has told fans that London feels like a home from home to him.
The R&B star opened the iTunes festival at The Roundhouse in Camden with an hour and a half of his biggest hits.
Celebrity fans including Jessie J, Chipmunk and Natalie Imbruglia danced and sang along while he performed some of his biggest hits including OMG, Yeah, Burn and You Remind Me.
He told the audience: “ I’m so happy to be here. Every time I’m here I feel this is my home away from home.
“London I wish you to know I love you. It’s so easy to be unappreciative of the things you have.”
You may also want to watch:
Usher sent screaming girls wild when he ripped his black vest off during a rendition of Without You, his hit with DJ David Guetta.
But the 33-year-old showed not all his moves were quite so smooth when he slipped off the edge of the stage while dancing to breakthrough single You Make Me Wanna and was made to perform 40 push-ups as a penalty from his backing dancers.
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 5 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'
Addressing the crowd, the singer made jokes about his Wikipedia entry, saying his webpage incorrectly lists his middle name as Terry. He said: “I don’t have a middle name, I am just Usher Raymond. My middle name is not Terry!”
His high octane performances and banter with the crowd did nothing to reveal the recent troubles in his personal life. His 11-year-old stepson Kile Glover died in July after a jetskiing accident and he was engaged in a custody battle for his two sons.
The month-long iTunes fesitval will see free shows from stars including Alicia Keys, Lana Del Rey and One Direction.