Two pianos, eight hands: Multipiano comes to Mill Hill Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv who comprise “MultiPiano”: an ensemble of two instruments, eight hands, and appearing this month at the Mill Hill Music Club.
Myself, I’m not so crazy about multi-keyboard concerts. I tend to the view that pianos, like dogs, are best kept apart on the grounds that more than one of them together in a confined space can be torture.
And FOUR pianists together promise to make such a thunderous noise that there ought to be someone issuing ear-plugs to the audience. Sonic health & safety.
But who knows? They could turn out to have techniques as delicate and sensitive as a discerning butterfly.
And given that their repertoire includes Bach and Mozart (plus some Smetana, Rachmaninoff and a new composition based on Arabic and Hebrew folk tunes) you can only hope so.
MultiPiano play Henrietta Barnett School, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Sunday September 18, 7.30pm. Tickets: millhillmusicclub.co.uk
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 4 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 5 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 6 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Jimmy C's wife on how she is keeping 'his memory alive'
- 9 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club