Two pianos, eight hands: Multipiano comes to Mill Hill Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv who comprise “MultiPiano”: an ensemble of two instruments, eight hands, and appearing this month at the Mill Hill Music Club.
Myself, I’m not so crazy about multi-keyboard concerts. I tend to the view that pianos, like dogs, are best kept apart on the grounds that more than one of them together in a confined space can be torture.
And FOUR pianists together promise to make such a thunderous noise that there ought to be someone issuing ear-plugs to the audience. Sonic health & safety.
But who knows? They could turn out to have techniques as delicate and sensitive as a discerning butterfly.
You may also want to watch:
And given that their repertoire includes Bach and Mozart (plus some Smetana, Rachmaninoff and a new composition based on Arabic and Hebrew folk tunes) you can only hope so.
MultiPiano play Henrietta Barnett School, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Sunday September 18, 7.30pm. Tickets: millhillmusicclub.co.uk
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 3 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 4 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 5 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 6 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 7 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 8 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured