Two pianos, eight hands: Multipiano comes to Mill Hill Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv who comprise “MultiPiano”: an ensemble of two instruments, eight hands, and appearing this month at the Mill Hill Music Club.
Myself, I’m not so crazy about multi-keyboard concerts. I tend to the view that pianos, like dogs, are best kept apart on the grounds that more than one of them together in a confined space can be torture.
And FOUR pianists together promise to make such a thunderous noise that there ought to be someone issuing ear-plugs to the audience. Sonic health & safety.
But who knows? They could turn out to have techniques as delicate and sensitive as a discerning butterfly.
You may also want to watch:
And given that their repertoire includes Bach and Mozart (plus some Smetana, Rachmaninoff and a new composition based on Arabic and Hebrew folk tunes) you can only hope so.
MultiPiano play Henrietta Barnett School, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Sunday September 18, 7.30pm. Tickets: millhillmusicclub.co.uk
- 1 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 2 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 3 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 4 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 5 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 6 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 7 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 8 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 9 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 10 Vehicles scraped and traffic chaos after width-restriction bollards moved