Two pianos, eight hands: Multipiano comes to Mill Hill Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv who comprise “MultiPiano”: an ensemble of two instruments, eight hands, and appearing this month at the Mill Hill Music Club.
Myself, I’m not so crazy about multi-keyboard concerts. I tend to the view that pianos, like dogs, are best kept apart on the grounds that more than one of them together in a confined space can be torture.
And FOUR pianists together promise to make such a thunderous noise that there ought to be someone issuing ear-plugs to the audience. Sonic health & safety.
But who knows? They could turn out to have techniques as delicate and sensitive as a discerning butterfly.
You may also want to watch:
And given that their repertoire includes Bach and Mozart (plus some Smetana, Rachmaninoff and a new composition based on Arabic and Hebrew folk tunes) you can only hope so.
MultiPiano play Henrietta Barnett School, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Sunday September 18, 7.30pm. Tickets: millhillmusicclub.co.uk
- 1 Coldplay and Ed Sheeran to perform at Earthshot Prize ceremony at Ally Pally
- 2 Muswell Hill man captures picture of car bursting into flames in high street
- 3 Charles de Gaulle's old Hampstead home on sale for £15m
- 4 'Forever grateful': Community steps up after man's dog dies on Hampstead Heath
- 5 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 6 West Hampstead mum Nazanin 'loses appeal' in Iran
- 7 Muswell Hill couple slam planning laws as chipboard outhouse appears
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 Primrose Hill 'Howloween' party to support rescue dogs
- 10 Crouch End drugs raid sees 'cannabis plants and equipment seized'