Two pianos, eight hands: Multipiano comes to Mill Hill Music Club
- Credit: Archant
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv
Pianists making their collective London debut are four Israelis from the Buchmann-Mehta School of Music in Tel Aviv who comprise “MultiPiano”: an ensemble of two instruments, eight hands, and appearing this month at the Mill Hill Music Club.
Myself, I’m not so crazy about multi-keyboard concerts. I tend to the view that pianos, like dogs, are best kept apart on the grounds that more than one of them together in a confined space can be torture.
And FOUR pianists together promise to make such a thunderous noise that there ought to be someone issuing ear-plugs to the audience. Sonic health & safety.
But who knows? They could turn out to have techniques as delicate and sensitive as a discerning butterfly.
You may also want to watch:
And given that their repertoire includes Bach and Mozart (plus some Smetana, Rachmaninoff and a new composition based on Arabic and Hebrew folk tunes) you can only hope so.
MultiPiano play Henrietta Barnett School, Hampstead Garden Suburb, Sunday September 18, 7.30pm. Tickets: millhillmusicclub.co.uk
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Arsenal 'showing maturity' says David Luiz
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 6 Jeremy Corbyn launches Peace and Justice Project with calls to action
- 7 Ozil set for Arsenal exit
- 8 Homeschooling in lockdown: Top tips for a north London parent
- 9 More goals, less mistakes needed says Spurs boss Mourinho
- 10 Letters: Local business, vaccination, Abacus and The Ponds