Titian work inspires local poets in new volume
Lavinia Greenlaw and Christopher Reid write in Metamorphosis anthology
Lavinia Greenlaw and Christopher Reid feature in a new poetry collection inspired by work by the artist Titian.
Metamorphosis: Poems Inspired By Titian also includes work by Carol Ann Duffy, Seamus Heaney, Jo Shapcott and Simon Armitage.
The project is rather circular as Titian’s paintings were inspired by Metamorphoses, a Latin narrative by the Roman poet Ovid, about the history of the world.
Greenlaw has written The Dark based on the painting Diana And Actaeon and Reed has written The Change –inspired by The Death Of Actaeon.
You may also want to watch:
The collection is released to accompany the major Titian exhibition at the National Gallery.
M Metamorphosis: Poems Inspired By Titian is published by Yale University Press priced �8.99. Metamorphosis: Titian 2012 is at the National Gallery until September 23.
- 1 Famous Hampstead Heath love swan Mrs Newbie dies
- 2 Italian sandwich bar set to open in Hampstead phone box
- 3 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 4 'Feels like a runway': Hampstead residents call for LED lamp post change
- 5 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 6 Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- 7 Top producer gives hit making masterclass
- 8 'Victim-blaming': Disabled woman fears leaving flat after neighbour's abuse
- 9 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 10 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley