Five things to do in north London this weekend
- Credit: Danny Lawson /PA
Fancy browsing hand-picked vintage products, or getting fit in a free boot camp class?
There's plenty on offer this weekend in north London, from live music in Camden to walking tours around Islington.
Flea Market, Hackney
Where: Abney Public Hall, 73A Stoke Newington Church St, London N16 0AS
When: November 20 and 21, 11am-6pm
This monthly curated vintage market returns to Stoke Newington this weekend. Featuring 30 traders selling a mix of salvaged products, this is a great opportunity to kick-start your Christmas shopping.
Get your hands furniture, records, jewellery, textiles and more. Even better, the event is wheelchair accessible and dog-friendly.
- 1 First Muslim lord mayor of Westminster announced
- 2 CCTV footage released as family pay tribute to 'loving son' Olsi
- 3 Floating park between Camden Town and King's Cross
- 4 Toff's of Muswell Hill celebrates Fish and Chips Day with 50 free glasses of fizz
- 5 Man arrested following stabbing on Royal College Street
- 6 Highgate woman pledges £1million for children's autism charity
- 7 Community joy as Murphy's Yard application withdrawn
- 8 Duke's Head noise complaints committee hearing
- 9 Five bedrooms, utterly charming and in Muswell Hill
- 10 'I'm sorry people had to wait 30 years,' former minister tells Infected Blood Inquiry
Walking Tour, Islington
Where: Kings Cross station, Euston Rd, London N1 9AL
When: November 20 and 21, 10am
Urban storyteller Evan Panagopoulos will be leading the Islington: New Towns and High Rises walking tour this weekend. Join him on a "social, political and architectural background of early 20th century London", discovering Bevin Court, Spa Green, Priory Green and more.
The tour is approximately three hours and the minimum number of tickets per booking is two.
Yoga Workshop, Hampstead
Where: Keats House, 10 Keats Grove, London NW3 2RR
When: November 21, 10.30am
This class is for everyone, from beginners to advanced yogis, hosted in what was once the home of poet John Keats. The workshop will explore the "balance of both strength and ease", led by yoga teacher Nicole Rose. She works to help people "redefine their relationship with their body", through classes and coaching.
Live Music and DJ, Camden
Where: The Blues Kitchen, 111-113 Camden High St, London NW1 7JN
When: November 19, 9pm
Feel like dancing this weekend? Head down to Camden for some classic funk, soul and rock 'n' roll until 3am, brought to you by Blues Kitchen's house band and a selection of DJs.
Walk-ins are more than welcome on a first come, first served basis, with free entrance before 9pm, or book in advance.
Fitness Boot Camp, Wembley
Where: Stonebridge Recreation Ground, Hillside, London, NW10 8LW
When: November 20, 10am
This free exercise class is run by fully qualified and registered coaches from Our Parks. The fitness boot camp session mixes traditional callisthenic and body weight exercises, with interval and strength training.