Strictly tough work for Crouch End-based Come Dancing pair
Mistry finds training tough but “brilliant”
TRAINING may have just begun for the newly-dubbed “Team Flavistry” but Crouch End screen star Jimi Mistry says he’s finding things tough.
The Broadway met Mistry with his Strictly Come Dancing professional partner Flavia Cacace at a Crouch End gym yesterday to see how training was going just four days after the couple first met on Saturday’s live show.
Despite not even taking a step on the infamous Strictly dance floor, the pair have already built up an internet fan base that has dubbed them Team Flavistry.
Asked how he was finding the training so far, Mistry admitted it was tough going, but that he was enjoying every minute.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s very difficult, she cracks the whip.
“The thing is with Flavia every think she’s really nice, she looks really sweet and smiley and it’s true in one way, but in there she’s an absolute beast.
- 1 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 2 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 3 Police officer suffers leg injury after BMW stopped during 'routine patrol'
- 4 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 5 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 6 Teen charged with killing 21-year-old man in Brent Cross
- 7 Five things we learned from Arsenal's Europa League exit
- 8 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 9 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 10 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
“She is brilliant, but she makes you work. Which is brilliant because if you’re willing to take that work on she’ll give it you.”
He also revealed he’s received words of support from fellow north London celebs Tamsin Outhwaite and several Oasis band members.
See next week’s Broadway for the full interview.