Strictly tough work for Crouch End-based Come Dancing pair
Mistry finds training tough but “brilliant”
TRAINING may have just begun for the newly-dubbed “Team Flavistry” but Crouch End screen star Jimi Mistry says he’s finding things tough.
The Broadway met Mistry with his Strictly Come Dancing professional partner Flavia Cacace at a Crouch End gym yesterday to see how training was going just four days after the couple first met on Saturday’s live show.
Despite not even taking a step on the infamous Strictly dance floor, the pair have already built up an internet fan base that has dubbed them Team Flavistry.
Asked how he was finding the training so far, Mistry admitted it was tough going, but that he was enjoying every minute.
He said: “It’s very difficult, she cracks the whip.
“The thing is with Flavia every think she’s really nice, she looks really sweet and smiley and it’s true in one way, but in there she’s an absolute beast.
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 6 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 7 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 8 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 9 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 10 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
“She is brilliant, but she makes you work. Which is brilliant because if you’re willing to take that work on she’ll give it you.”
He also revealed he’s received words of support from fellow north London celebs Tamsin Outhwaite and several Oasis band members.
See next week’s Broadway for the full interview.