Strictly tough work for Crouch End-based Come Dancing pair
Mistry finds training tough but “brilliant”
TRAINING may have just begun for the newly-dubbed “Team Flavistry” but Crouch End screen star Jimi Mistry says he’s finding things tough.
The Broadway met Mistry with his Strictly Come Dancing professional partner Flavia Cacace at a Crouch End gym yesterday to see how training was going just four days after the couple first met on Saturday’s live show.
Despite not even taking a step on the infamous Strictly dance floor, the pair have already built up an internet fan base that has dubbed them Team Flavistry.
Asked how he was finding the training so far, Mistry admitted it was tough going, but that he was enjoying every minute.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s very difficult, she cracks the whip.
“The thing is with Flavia every think she’s really nice, she looks really sweet and smiley and it’s true in one way, but in there she’s an absolute beast.
- 1 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 2 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 3 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 4 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
“She is brilliant, but she makes you work. Which is brilliant because if you’re willing to take that work on she’ll give it you.”
He also revealed he’s received words of support from fellow north London celebs Tamsin Outhwaite and several Oasis band members.
See next week’s Broadway for the full interview.