Strictly tough work for Crouch End-based Come Dancing pair
Mistry finds training tough but “brilliant”
TRAINING may have just begun for the newly-dubbed “Team Flavistry” but Crouch End screen star Jimi Mistry says he’s finding things tough.
The Broadway met Mistry with his Strictly Come Dancing professional partner Flavia Cacace at a Crouch End gym yesterday to see how training was going just four days after the couple first met on Saturday’s live show.
Despite not even taking a step on the infamous Strictly dance floor, the pair have already built up an internet fan base that has dubbed them Team Flavistry.
Asked how he was finding the training so far, Mistry admitted it was tough going, but that he was enjoying every minute.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s very difficult, she cracks the whip.
“The thing is with Flavia every think she’s really nice, she looks really sweet and smiley and it’s true in one way, but in there she’s an absolute beast.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 3 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 6 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 7 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Good Karma: Charity shop opens in former Gap in Hampstead High Street
“She is brilliant, but she makes you work. Which is brilliant because if you’re willing to take that work on she’ll give it you.”
He also revealed he’s received words of support from fellow north London celebs Tamsin Outhwaite and several Oasis band members.
See next week’s Broadway for the full interview.