Strictly tough work for Crouch End-based Come Dancing pair
Mistry finds training tough but “brilliant”
TRAINING may have just begun for the newly-dubbed “Team Flavistry” but Crouch End screen star Jimi Mistry says he’s finding things tough.
The Broadway met Mistry with his Strictly Come Dancing professional partner Flavia Cacace at a Crouch End gym yesterday to see how training was going just four days after the couple first met on Saturday’s live show.
Despite not even taking a step on the infamous Strictly dance floor, the pair have already built up an internet fan base that has dubbed them Team Flavistry.
Asked how he was finding the training so far, Mistry admitted it was tough going, but that he was enjoying every minute.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “It’s very difficult, she cracks the whip.
“The thing is with Flavia every think she’s really nice, she looks really sweet and smiley and it’s true in one way, but in there she’s an absolute beast.
- 1 'Let's save The Victoria pub in Highgate'
- 2 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 3 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 4 Kentish Town teen creates football team to 'bring community together'
- 5 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 6 Koko to return with extra venues and community spaces for musicians
- 7 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 8 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 9 Former pupils launch creative fund to honour inspirational teacher
- 10 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
“She is brilliant, but she makes you work. Which is brilliant because if you’re willing to take that work on she’ll give it you.”
He also revealed he’s received words of support from fellow north London celebs Tamsin Outhwaite and several Oasis band members.
See next week’s Broadway for the full interview.