Stavros Flatley thrill visitors to Alexandra Palace wine festival
Endearing father and son comedy dance duo Stavros Flatley - finalists from the latest series of TVs Britain s Got Talent – thrilled the crowds with an unexpected performance at the popular Cyprus Wine Festival, at Alexandra Palace (25-26 June). Greek C
Endearing father and son comedy dance duo 'Stavros Flatley' - finalists from the latest series of TVs Britain's Got Talent - thrilled the crowds with an unexpected performance at the popular Cyprus Wine Festival, at Alexandra Palace (25-26 June).
Greek Cypriots Demetris Demetriou and 12-year-old Lagi - who together make Stavros Flatley - took to the stage to entertain visitors with their hilarious dance routine on Sunday (26 June) and then spent over two hours chatting to the crowds and signing autographs.
This year's event was a huge success despite the heavy rain on Saturday.
Organisers, local Cypriot Newspaper 'Parikiaki', welcomed tens of thousands of visitors over the weekend to sample all things Greek and enjoy a wealth of Cypriot heritage and culture.
You may also want to watch:
This year's event attracted 88 stands from an impressive list of exhibitors including Cypriot banks and airlines, major industries, manufacturers and importers. Representatives from organisations including the Metropolitan Police Greek Staff Association and Greek schools were on hand to offer information and advice and visitors were able to sample and buy traditional food such as delicious kebabs, ice cream and sweets washed down with quality Cypriot wines and beverages.
Radio station London Greek Radio chatted to the crowds during an hour long live outside broadcast and a selection of professional singers and musicians added to the festival atmosphere throughout the weekend.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Pictures: Fun for families as the snow arrives on Hampstead Heath
- 3 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 4 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 5 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 6 Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta expecting another tough game against Southampton
- 7 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 8 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 9 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council
The successful Cyprus Wine Festival has been held annually at Alexandra Palace since 1990. Having started life as a bazaar designed to promote Cypriot identity and traditions within the local Cypriot community of North London, the event has grown year on year to one of the biggest and most celebrated annual events in Haringey.