Stavros Flatley thrill visitors to Alexandra Palace wine festival
Endearing father and son comedy dance duo Stavros Flatley - finalists from the latest series of TVs Britain s Got Talent – thrilled the crowds with an unexpected performance at the popular Cyprus Wine Festival, at Alexandra Palace (25-26 June). Greek C
Endearing father and son comedy dance duo 'Stavros Flatley' - finalists from the latest series of TVs Britain's Got Talent - thrilled the crowds with an unexpected performance at the popular Cyprus Wine Festival, at Alexandra Palace (25-26 June).
Greek Cypriots Demetris Demetriou and 12-year-old Lagi - who together make Stavros Flatley - took to the stage to entertain visitors with their hilarious dance routine on Sunday (26 June) and then spent over two hours chatting to the crowds and signing autographs.
This year's event was a huge success despite the heavy rain on Saturday.
Organisers, local Cypriot Newspaper 'Parikiaki', welcomed tens of thousands of visitors over the weekend to sample all things Greek and enjoy a wealth of Cypriot heritage and culture.
This year's event attracted 88 stands from an impressive list of exhibitors including Cypriot banks and airlines, major industries, manufacturers and importers. Representatives from organisations including the Metropolitan Police Greek Staff Association and Greek schools were on hand to offer information and advice and visitors were able to sample and buy traditional food such as delicious kebabs, ice cream and sweets washed down with quality Cypriot wines and beverages.
Radio station London Greek Radio chatted to the crowds during an hour long live outside broadcast and a selection of professional singers and musicians added to the festival atmosphere throughout the weekend.
- 1 Bentley Motor blue plaque in North London 'prized off wall and stolen'
- 2 I want to philately! Freddie Mercury’s stamp collection goes on display
- 3 Free beach returns to Finchley Road for the summer
- 4 Fences and padlocks at Primrose Hill once again
- 5 Royal Free denies allowing Tory MP to influence medical decision
- 6 Opening date confirmed for new Finchley Road Aldi
- 7 Family pay tribute to schoolgirl at West Hampstead bridge restoration
- 8 'Gabriels stun Koko – superstardom seems inevitable'
- 9 Alleged stalker sent '1,000 emails in a month’ to The Crown star Claire Foy
- 10 Bow Lock murder defendants blame each other for fatal attack
The successful Cyprus Wine Festival has been held annually at Alexandra Palace since 1990. Having started life as a bazaar designed to promote Cypriot identity and traditions within the local Cypriot community of North London, the event has grown year on year to one of the biggest and most celebrated annual events in Haringey.