Star pianist at Burgh House
One of the country’s finest young pianists is to perform a fundraising concert for Burgh House in Hampstead.
Min-Jung Kym, who has acquired a widely-recognised reputation for her diverse range of styles and repertoire as a soloist, duo and chamber musician, will include works by Schumann, Beethoven, Schubert, Mendelssohn and Debussy in her October 10 repertoire.
Her performances have been enjoyed in the USA, Europe and throughout Britain, including the Queen Elizabeth Hall, Wigmore Hall, Cadogan Hall, Purcell Room, St John Smith’s Square, De Montfort Hall, Brighton Dome, and Jersey Arts Centre.
She has also appeared at the Schleswig-Holstein Musik Festival, the Cheltenham Festival, the Broadwood International Piano Festival, Al Bustan in Lebanon and at the Chichester Festivities, where she performed Beethoven Concerto No 4 with the world-renowned Philharmonia Orchestra to critical acclaim.
Her performance of the Mendelssohn Double Concerto with Sergey Levitin and the Brighton Philharmonic Orchestra under the baton of Barry Wordsworth was described as ‘impeccable ... there seems no doubt that young pianist Kym is destined for the big-time’.
You may also want to watch:
A Steinway Artist, Min-Jung Kym is regular invitee to music festivals and societies where her versatility combined with a subtlety of technique are widely appreciated.
She is no stranger to Burgh House. Min-Jung is a close friend of Lucy Jeal, the violinist daughter of Tim and Joyce Jeal who live on Willow Road, and the two played together at the venue’s 30th anniversary dinner last year.
- 1 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 2 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 3 HS2 tunnel protesters evicted in 'siege' outside Euston Station
- 4 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 5 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 6 Mikel Arteta in dark over format of Arsenal and Benfica's Europa League tie
- 7 Camden Council 'considers' bringing leisure centres in-house post-Covid
- 8 Police mourn 'devoted' Camden constable who died from Covid
- 9 Arsenal forward Katie Godden joins Charlton Athletic
- 10 Maida Vale woman launches petition after kitten bought online dies
Tickets costing �20 to include a glass of wine are available from Burgh House on 7431 0144.