Sports Activites at JW3 encourage family fitness
- Credit: Archant
JW3 is encouraging locals to get active over the summer period.
Residents of Hampstead are being encouraged to get active over the summer period.
Community and cultural venue JW3 have launched a range of easy sports activities to encourage families within the area to exercise while having fun.
Themed around Rio’s ‘Summer of Sports’ there is currently has a nine hole crazy golf course located in the centre’s piazza to celebrate the 2016 Olympics taking place this year in Brazil which will run until 4th September.
Between the 25th July and 4th September, those choosing to play crazy golf will also be entitled to a second game half price. Adult tickets cost £5 with sports fans under twelve able to play from £2.50.
You may also want to watch:
Families with a little more of a competitive streak can take part in an inter-generational ping-pong tournament and take advantage of coaching options if they feel the need for extra practice.
For young sports stars (aged 2- 5) there is the Early Years Super Soccer Stars mini-season which takes place on 31st July, 7th and 14th August (£10).
- 1 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 2 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 3 Nancy Jirira wins Fortune Green by-election, holding on to Lib Dem council seat
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 6 Modern murder mysteries set in the heart of Hampstead
- 7 'Cash cows': Leaseholders fight for clarity and better value over 'huge bills'
- 8 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 9 Crouch End Festival Chorus: Alexandra Palace Theatre
- 10 Highgate parking changes dropped — two years on from uproar
If you are adverse to running around in the summer sun – there is the option to relax in the café watching every-one else do the hard work or attend Howard Jacobson’s talk on Jewish identity and sport on 7th August (£15).
JW3 members are also entitled to a 10% discount on adult and children’s tickets.