Azalea Hair and Beauty
- Credit: Archant
Sarah Lucy has just opened a friendly neighbourhood salon on the Archway/Highgate border.
A friendly neighbourhood salon has just opened on the Archway Highgate border.
Sarah Lucy has been in the industry for 15 years, after starting out at a salon in St John's Wood.
In recent years the mum of one has worked as a travelling stylist and colourist with loyal clients around north London, from Hampstead to her native Enfield.
But when a salon fell vacant on Cheverton Road, she decided to hang up her car keys and take on her first bricks and mortar venture.
You may also want to watch:
She opened the doors of Azalea Hair and Beauty at the start of the month, taking over from a previous hair and treament salon.
And residents living in the network of roads known as the Shakespeares may well be glad to have such an experienced reasonably priced stylist and colourist on their doorstep.
- 1 O2 Centre redevelopment consultation opened by Camden Council
- 2 Government punishes Haringey Council over missed housing target
- 3 Remembering 'positive, caring and kind' Hornsey pupil Amy
- 4 'Two people who love each other': 70 years together for Hermi and Shirley
- 5 'Dumped and forgotten': Homeless families on life in England's Lane hostel
- 6 Talking Bob Dylan, life, culture, politics and Shakespeare
- 7 I completely trust Aubameyang says Arsenal boss Arteta
- 8 UCS Hampstead pupils launch podcast to help GCSE history revision
- 9 West Hampstead flat owners face £100k bills for flammable cladding
- 10 Keir Starmer: 'Something about faith becomes more important to people'
On a sunny autumn morning it was a treat to sit in the chair of this cosy corner shop, and chat to Sarah while she snipped some shape back into my layers.
She is working with a friend, another experienced stylist, while she builds up her business.
This means an ultra personal service with Sarah washing, sweeping and cutting for clients. Luckily she's a great chatter, and enjoys welcoming mums with young children into the salon.
Within an hour she had worked her magic on my tresses, taking weight off where it was needed, while keeping the layers long enough to work with the natural curl.
A cut and blowdry starts from £35, a blow dry is £25, and a keratin treament is £120 but new customers get 20percent off until the end of November.
Azalea Hair and Beauty is at 44, Cheverton Road, N19 book at 02086164330 and can be found on instagram@sarahlucyhair.