Rosenthal's On the Rocks extended at Hampstead Theatre
Amy Rosenthal s critically acclaimed comedy, On the Rocks has been extended to Saturday 2 August at Hampstead Theatre. The original cast; Nick Caldecott, Charlotte Emmerson, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Ed Stoppard will perform the 7 extra dates. Tickets are on
Amy Rosenthal's critically acclaimed comedy, On the Rocks has been extended to Saturday 2 August at Hampstead Theatre.
The original cast; Nick Caldecott, Charlotte Emmerson, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Ed Stoppard will perform the 7 extra dates. Tickets are on sale from Thursday 10 July.
Anthony Clark, Artistic Director Hampstead Theatre, commented: "We are delighted to be able to extend this astute comedy by fast-rising star Amy Rosenthal, for an extra week."
Spring 1916. D H Lawrence (Stoppard) and his wife Freida (Oberman) have found a new life for themselves in the romantic Cornish village of Zennor. Rejuvenated by the wild beauty around them, they persuade close friends Katherine Mansfield (Emmerson) and John Middleton Murry (Caldecott) to join them in their idyll.
You may also want to watch:
But no sooner have Katherine and Jack arrived than long-simmering tensions bubble to the surface, and Lawrence's dream of communal living starts unravelling before his eyes...
Based on true events, this is the story of women, and men, in love. An uplifting and passionate comedy about four friends trying to live together, two marriages struggling for survival and a group of writers striving for creativity in the midst of war.
- 1 Guilty: Kentish Town man convicted of murdering Jack Ampadu
- 2 Man, 26, stabbed in Camden 'fight'
- 3 David Amess murder: Met searches London addresses
- 4 'Heart of the community': Muswell Hill Library celebrates 90 years
- 5 West Hampstead Women's Institute celebrates 10-year milestone
- 6 Tributes paid to Primrose Hill mother-of-four as fundraiser launched
- 7 Gay music hall icon Fred Barnes to be honoured with Maida Vale plaque
- 8 Man charged with murder of Nicole Hurley in Primrose Hill
- 9 The Outsider: Residents take aim at plans for high street pub
- 10 School dreams big after unveiling £200k community kitchen
On the Rocks is a Hampstead Theatre commission, directed by Clare Lizzimore, designed by Paul Burgess with lighting by Jon Clark, and sound design and original score by Edward Lewis. It was first performed at Hampstead Theatre on Thursday 26 June.
To book tickets call the Box Office on 0220 7722 9301.