Rosenthal's On the Rocks extended at Hampstead Theatre
Amy Rosenthal s critically acclaimed comedy, On the Rocks has been extended to Saturday 2 August at Hampstead Theatre. The original cast; Nick Caldecott, Charlotte Emmerson, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Ed Stoppard will perform the 7 extra dates. Tickets are on
Amy Rosenthal's critically acclaimed comedy, On the Rocks has been extended to Saturday 2 August at Hampstead Theatre.
The original cast; Nick Caldecott, Charlotte Emmerson, Tracy-Ann Oberman and Ed Stoppard will perform the 7 extra dates. Tickets are on sale from Thursday 10 July.
Anthony Clark, Artistic Director Hampstead Theatre, commented: "We are delighted to be able to extend this astute comedy by fast-rising star Amy Rosenthal, for an extra week."
Spring 1916. D H Lawrence (Stoppard) and his wife Freida (Oberman) have found a new life for themselves in the romantic Cornish village of Zennor. Rejuvenated by the wild beauty around them, they persuade close friends Katherine Mansfield (Emmerson) and John Middleton Murry (Caldecott) to join them in their idyll.
You may also want to watch:
But no sooner have Katherine and Jack arrived than long-simmering tensions bubble to the surface, and Lawrence's dream of communal living starts unravelling before his eyes...
Based on true events, this is the story of women, and men, in love. An uplifting and passionate comedy about four friends trying to live together, two marriages struggling for survival and a group of writers striving for creativity in the midst of war.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Arsenal boss Arteta faces injury crisis decisions
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 6 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
On the Rocks is a Hampstead Theatre commission, directed by Clare Lizzimore, designed by Paul Burgess with lighting by Jon Clark, and sound design and original score by Edward Lewis. It was first performed at Hampstead Theatre on Thursday 26 June.
To book tickets call the Box Office on 0220 7722 9301.