REVIEW: ROOM IN THE ARK Little Angel Theatre, Islington
Four star rating In these dark heathen times, when parents are pestered for Bratz bling dolls and poop-a-scoop Barbie (yes, really), it was heart-warming to see a row of tiny, upturned faces enjoying the simpl
ROOM IN THE ARK
Little Angel Theatre, Islington
Four star rating
In these dark heathen times, when parents are pestered for Bratz bling dolls and poop-a-scoop Barbie (yes, really), it's heart-warming to see a row of tiny, upturned faces enjoying the simple magic of carved animals and wooden puppets.
You may also want to watch:
Little Angel Theatre has adapted its show for older children to suit the wrigglier bottoms of a younger audience (two to five-year-olds).
The 45-minute piece tells the familiar Bible story of Noah in which performers Peter Savizon and Vanessa White-Smith sing simple, gospel-style songs a capella as they build the ark before our eyes. The storm is neatly realised with flashes of lightning and the performers rocking and spinning the boat around.
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 3 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 9 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 10 Hampstead Literary Society launched - and looking for exciting writers
There is audience participation - clapping and singing along to Go Noah Go! - and those inventive touches characteristic of Little Angel shows that delight young audiences. The only criticism: it seemed a shame to have only carved wooden beasts rather than more animated animal puppets.
Until April 22.