Review: Luna Cinema at Alexandra Palace
- Credit: Betty Condie
The Luna Cinema was back in Alexandra Palace park this weekend and crowds enjoyed special screenings of Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri and The Breakfast Club.
We all know what happens when a brain, an athlete, a basket case, a princess and a criminal have to spend the whole of Saturday in detention don’t we?
Every year in Alexandra Palace park the Luna cinema brings a huge outdoor screen to show movies for one weekend.
On Saturday night film fans rolled out their blankets and picnics to enjoy the multi- BAFTA winning Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, and on Sunday they were treat to a special screening of cult-classic The Breakfast Club.
Last night crowds walked away from Ally Pally humming the words to Simple Minds famous ‘Don’t you....forget about me’ after enjoying a night under the stars watching John Hughes 1985 beloved high school movie.
You may also want to watch:
“Being bad feels pretty good, huh?”
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 5 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 6 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 7 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 8 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill
- 9 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 10 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
“Don’t mess with the bull, young man. You’ll get the horns.”
“Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?”
The list of iconic quotes from the coming of age film goes on and on, and the packed out hill at the famous North London palace showed that even though it might have been 30+ years since it first came out, it is still a much-loved classic.
Wrapped up with a fleecey blanket, a camping chair, pizza and a bottle of wine it was the perfect way to round off the weekend - even if I did feel a little rough from too many cocktails the night before.
The Luna cinema really is the champion of open air cinemas and with up and coming showings of Pretty Woman, The Greatest Showman, Harry Potter and The Shape of Water it is worth getting yourself along to any of the special events across the capital.
Yours sincerely....The Ham and High