Book your ticket to this year’s Proms at St Jude’s
- Credit: Archant
The Hampstead Garden Suburb music and literary festival opens its booking hotline this Friday with a line-up that includes Mozart, Gershwin and a tribute to Streisand
Booking opens this Friday for the annual Proms at St Jude’s festival.
This year’s stellar line up of concerts and book talks ranges from a Mozart opera to Gerswin and Barbra Streisand - not in person alas, but in the shape of Belsize Park-raised singer Liza Pulman’s tribute to the legendary diva.
Running from June 22-30 in Central Square, the festival’s highlights also include a concert by pianist Isata Kanneh-Mason who performs with the Fantasia Orchestra.
A weekend of literary talks across June 22-23 June includes appearances by former Guardian editor, Alan Rusbridger; cricketer Mike Brearley; and Costa prize winner, Bart van Es.
You may also want to watch:
There are also free lunchtime concets, events for children and families; late-night stand-up comedy; and nine guided walks around the Hampstead and Golders Green area.
“There’s always a wonderful convivial atmosphere at the Festival, aided by the good food and drink,” said Proms spokesman, Ron Finlay.
- 1 Lane closure scrapped after high pollution readings double
- 2 Pubs and restaurants look forward to 'normality' of indoors on May 17
- 3 Arsenal Women on cloud nine after big FA Cup win
- 4 Falling stonework narrowly misses outdoor diners at Crouch End cafe
- 5 Haringey Council leader ousted by rival in Labour group vote
- 6 'Auto-destruction' in a train shed: how the Roundhouse made Camden cool
- 7 Hampstead man jailed for pub 'revenge attack' on Jewish Tory barrister
- 8 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 9 You have to laugh – mental health and the role of comedy in our lives
- 10 'I want to make a difference': new leader for Haringey Council
“And as a charity, our surplus goes to support two great causes – the North London Hospice and Toynbee Hall.”
Buy tickets at promsatstjudes.org.uk.