Book your ticket to this year’s Proms at St Jude’s
- Credit: Archant
The Hampstead Garden Suburb music and literary festival opens its booking hotline this Friday with a line-up that includes Mozart, Gershwin and a tribute to Streisand
Booking opens this Friday for the annual Proms at St Jude’s festival.
This year’s stellar line up of concerts and book talks ranges from a Mozart opera to Gerswin and Barbra Streisand - not in person alas, but in the shape of Belsize Park-raised singer Liza Pulman’s tribute to the legendary diva.
Running from June 22-30 in Central Square, the festival’s highlights also include a concert by pianist Isata Kanneh-Mason who performs with the Fantasia Orchestra.
A weekend of literary talks across June 22-23 June includes appearances by former Guardian editor, Alan Rusbridger; cricketer Mike Brearley; and Costa prize winner, Bart van Es.
You may also want to watch:
There are also free lunchtime concets, events for children and families; late-night stand-up comedy; and nine guided walks around the Hampstead and Golders Green area.
“There’s always a wonderful convivial atmosphere at the Festival, aided by the good food and drink,” said Proms spokesman, Ron Finlay.
- 1 Teenager dies after stabbing in Archway
- 2 Hampstead creperies told to close by Camden Council because of 'Covid risk'
- 3 Ole & Steen bakery set to open in Hampstead's former Café Rouge
- 4 Royal Free calls in the army as 'unprecedented' demand continues
- 5 Man detained after series of attacks on women in Hampstead
- 6 The snow is beautiful and fun - but during Covid we must stick to the rules
- 7 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 8 MPs challenge Hampstead Heath ponds swimming charges hike
- 9 Camden, Haringey and Barnet mark Holocaust Memorial Day
- 10 Archway murder investigation launched as 15-year-old victim named
“And as a charity, our surplus goes to support two great causes – the North London Hospice and Toynbee Hall.”
Buy tickets at promsatstjudes.org.uk.