Book your ticket to this year’s Proms at St Jude’s
- Credit: Archant
The Hampstead Garden Suburb music and literary festival opens its booking hotline this Friday with a line-up that includes Mozart, Gershwin and a tribute to Streisand
Booking opens this Friday for the annual Proms at St Jude’s festival.
This year’s stellar line up of concerts and book talks ranges from a Mozart opera to Gerswin and Barbra Streisand - not in person alas, but in the shape of Belsize Park-raised singer Liza Pulman’s tribute to the legendary diva.
Running from June 22-30 in Central Square, the festival’s highlights also include a concert by pianist Isata Kanneh-Mason who performs with the Fantasia Orchestra.
A weekend of literary talks across June 22-23 June includes appearances by former Guardian editor, Alan Rusbridger; cricketer Mike Brearley; and Costa prize winner, Bart van Es.
You may also want to watch:
There are also free lunchtime concets, events for children and families; late-night stand-up comedy; and nine guided walks around the Hampstead and Golders Green area.
“There’s always a wonderful convivial atmosphere at the Festival, aided by the good food and drink,” said Proms spokesman, Ron Finlay.
- 1 'Land grab': Muswell Hill Gail's accused of taking over pavement
- 2 How did a double-decker bus crash straight into a Crouch End house?
- 3 Man killed in 'shooting' in north London
- 4 Man killed and two injured in triple shooting
- 5 Appeal to find four children missing from north London with father and grandmother
- 6 Man jailed for rape of young girl in north London 40 years ago
- 7 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 8 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 9 Russia 'responsible for assassinating' Muswell Hill resident Litvinenko
- 10 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
“And as a charity, our surplus goes to support two great causes – the North London Hospice and Toynbee Hall.”
Buy tickets at promsatstjudes.org.uk.