Preview: Cosi Fan Tutte at Jackson’s Lane
�Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte will be the first opera to be featured at Jacksons Lane.
This version of the lover’s opera has a modern twist: Inspired by the anonymity of online dating, Ferrando and Guglielmo take up their friend’s wager to test their girlfriends’ fidelity by masking their true identities.
When the couples meet in person, unknown to their unsuspecting lovers, the two men abandon their disguises to reveal their true identities. Will their girlfriends decipher the web of deceit and stay faithful or will they be tempted by forbidden fruits?
Cos� Fan Tutte will be performed in a modern English translation written by Director Fraser Grant.
The performance will be accompnaied by a Gala opera evening at Jackson’s Lane on August 24, with proceeds going towards helping disadvantaged young people in North London.
You may also want to watch:
n Cosi Fan Tutte opens August 19 until August 26. Booking on 020-8341 4421.
- 1 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 2 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 3 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
- 4 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 5 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 6 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 7 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 8 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 9 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 10 The situation in North London as Arsenal come up against Spurs