Preview: Cosi Fan Tutte at Jackson’s Lane
�Mozart’s Cosi Fan Tutte will be the first opera to be featured at Jacksons Lane.
This version of the lover’s opera has a modern twist: Inspired by the anonymity of online dating, Ferrando and Guglielmo take up their friend’s wager to test their girlfriends’ fidelity by masking their true identities.
When the couples meet in person, unknown to their unsuspecting lovers, the two men abandon their disguises to reveal their true identities. Will their girlfriends decipher the web of deceit and stay faithful or will they be tempted by forbidden fruits?
Cos� Fan Tutte will be performed in a modern English translation written by Director Fraser Grant.
The performance will be accompnaied by a Gala opera evening at Jackson’s Lane on August 24, with proceeds going towards helping disadvantaged young people in North London.
You may also want to watch:
n Cosi Fan Tutte opens August 19 until August 26. Booking on 020-8341 4421.
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 3 Lockdown easing April 12 live updates: North London shops and pubs reopen
- 4 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 5 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 6 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 9 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end