Picture of the Week: Simon Joseph’s Hampstead Heath
- Credit: Archant
Simon Joseph leaves his home at 6am every morning to walk his dog around the Heath. A keen photographer, the 38-year-old spontaneously took this shot with his iPhone on Friday when the recent upturn in weather produced a veil of mist across London.
“It captured the moment perfectly,” Joseph says. “The lighting looks basically how it was – everyone knows how the Heath can look beautiful like that with the rays coming through the trees.
“I grew up in Hampstead from when I was about 17, but now I live in Hampstead Garden Suburb. My mum and my wife both think I’m a lunatic walking the Heath so early but, at that time in the morning, it has this source of energy that, when you tap into it, feels good for you.
“I try to capture positive moments like this – a lot of people like to focus on the negative but that’s not for me.”
For information on Joseph’s full portfolio of prints, phone 07790 451234.
Have you got a photograph that would make? Send your entries to email@example.com
- 1 John Lewis Christmas advert: The Golders Green teenager who met an alien
- 2 10 suspected north London drug dealers arrested in dawn raids
- 3 Obituary: Tributes to Gospel Oak toy 'legend' Kristin Baybars
- 4 Hampstead's Old White Bear to reopen before Christmas
- 5 Remembering Katie: Ex-Ham&High reporter killed by carbon monoxide
- 6 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 7 Deliveroo puts in retrospective application for permanent 'dark kitchen'
- 8 Men wanted in connection with 'appalling' antisemitic incident on Oxford Street
- 9 Meet the Crouch End duo taking on McDonald's
- 10 How Covid could set back Antonio Conte's Spurs revival