North London comedy club launches Zoom chat show
- Credit: Archant
A fixture of the north London comedy circuit is going online – with ticket prices dependent on the audience members’ situation during coronavirus lockdown.
Nice N’ Spiky Comedy club nights have been held across the city, with regular events at The Regent (Angel), Drink Shop Do (King’s Cross) and Paradise (Kensal Green).
With no end in sight to the closure of venues, promoter Clara Heimerdinger is launching an interactive chat show via Zoom, to take place every Wednesday.
Acts booked include Shazia Mirza, Josh Howie and Jen Brister.
“We’re really excited to be working with a brand new format of two of our best performers in conversation online, with stories, rambles, some audience questions, and anything else that arises,” said Clara.
You may also want to watch:
“Standard tickets are £4, and it is £3 for furloughed people, and free for those unwaged or working in medical or care professions.”
The use of Zoom means audience members can choose to be seen by the acts, living room to living room, or they can turn the camera off, sit back and enjoy the show.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 3 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 4 Optimism as Crouch End and Muswell Hill shops, bars and cafes reopen
- 5 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 8 Mary Feilding Guild: Warning of severe health impact on elderly residents
- 9 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
- 10 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
Nice N’ Spiky takes place every Wednesday night, 8.30-9.30pm. The line-ups announced so far are Sindhu Vee and Tom Ward (April 29); Nigel Ng and Eshaan Akbar (May 6); Shazia Mirza and Josh Howie (May 13); and Jen Brister and Jess Fostekew (May 20).
Tickets will be made available via www.tickettailor.com/events/nicenspikycomedy/.