Kenwood line-up announced
THE Kenwood Picnic Concerts will make a return to Hampstead this summer, it was announced this week. The hugely popular series of shows, which take place throughout much of the summer, will kick off on June 26 with an as yet unnamed performer. Acts alrea
THE Kenwood Picnic Concerts will make a return to Hampstead this summer, it was announced this week.
The hugely popular series of shows, which take place throughout much of the summer, will kick off on June 26 with an as yet unnamed performer.
Acts already confirmed include Rufus Wainwright, Will Young and Jamie Cullum.
The event will once again be staged by English Heritage and IMG while the Ham&High are official media partners.
You may also want to watch:
Rufus Wainwright will make his second Kenwood appearance on July 3 and has already vowed to perform some of his infamous Judy Garland numbers.
Jazz singer and wife of Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, will appear on July 10 while former Pop Idol winner Will Young will take to the stage on July 17. The performer on July 31 is yet to be named.
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 6 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 10 Housing: Billionaire owner of 'squalid shoeboxes' must 'up its game'
On August 7, violinist Diana Yukawa and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will perform Vivaldi's masterpiece Four Seasons.
And musician Jamie Cullum will bring his unique brand of jazz to Kenwood on August 14 to perform songs from his recently-released album.
The final concert of the season is on August 21 with the Last Night of the Kenwood Proms with Britain's Got Talent star Faryl Smith and acclaimed tenor Wynne Evans, accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra.
The evening will culminate with a dramatic firework finale to bring the curtain down on Kenwood 2010. For more information and for tickets, visit www.picnicconcerts.com.