Kenwood line-up announced
THE Kenwood Picnic Concerts will make a return to Hampstead this summer, it was announced this week. The hugely popular series of shows, which take place throughout much of the summer, will kick off on June 26 with an as yet unnamed performer. Acts alrea
THE Kenwood Picnic Concerts will make a return to Hampstead this summer, it was announced this week.
The hugely popular series of shows, which take place throughout much of the summer, will kick off on June 26 with an as yet unnamed performer.
Acts already confirmed include Rufus Wainwright, Will Young and Jamie Cullum.
The event will once again be staged by English Heritage and IMG while the Ham&High are official media partners.
You may also want to watch:
Rufus Wainwright will make his second Kenwood appearance on July 3 and has already vowed to perform some of his infamous Judy Garland numbers.
Jazz singer and wife of Elvis Costello, Diana Krall, will appear on July 10 while former Pop Idol winner Will Young will take to the stage on July 17. The performer on July 31 is yet to be named.
- 1 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 2 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 3 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 4 Highgate reopens: Pubs and salons 'elated' to be back as lockdown eases
- 5 Child artworks breathe life into Hampstead Heath and Gospel Oak bridge
- 6 Wac Arts: West End stars among ex-students who can 'no longer endorse' charity
- 7 'It's a godsend': Hampstead pubs and shops back serving the community
- 8 Column: Major changes expected at Tottenham in the summer?
- 9 Crackdown on 'blue badge' disability parking fraud in Haringey
- 10 For sale: Edwardian home in East Finchley with south-facing garden
On August 7, violinist Diana Yukawa and the Royal Philharmonic Concert Orchestra will perform Vivaldi's masterpiece Four Seasons.
And musician Jamie Cullum will bring his unique brand of jazz to Kenwood on August 14 to perform songs from his recently-released album.
The final concert of the season is on August 21 with the Last Night of the Kenwood Proms with Britain's Got Talent star Faryl Smith and acclaimed tenor Wynne Evans, accompanied by the National Symphony Orchestra.
The evening will culminate with a dramatic firework finale to bring the curtain down on Kenwood 2010. For more information and for tickets, visit www.picnicconcerts.com.