It’s quite unusual...Legend Sir Tom to open 2011 Kenwood concert season
A STAR-STUDDED line up of ageing rockers and crooning superstars was revealed today for this year’s Kenwood Concerts, the Ham&High can exclusively announce.
On Friday June 24 Tom Jones will be kicking off the set of picnic concerts in front of the Hampstead Heath property which marks its 60th anniversary this year.
The concerts will take place in a packed schedule over less than a month, and other highlights include the Gipsy Kings and Jools Holland wwith Sandie Shaw.
Sixties jazz legend George Benson’s performance will be his only UK show this year. The finale of the six concerts will feature ‘You’re Beautiful’ singer James Blunt on Saturday July 16.
However classical music fans may find the acts disappointing as the only classical concert to be announced is the Kenwood House Summer Prom on Saturday July 9.
You may also want to watch:
Since the Kenwood concerts were established in 1961, the annual event has featured world-class classical orchestras and respected contemporary acts including James Morrison, Simply Red and Blondie – and this year looks to be no exception.
Tickets for all the shows go on sale tomorrow and can be booked by visiting www.picnicconcerts.com.
- 1 Covid, O2, police, village square, Notting Hill Genesis and the Suburb
- 2 Women attacked by wrench-wielding man in Hampstead
- 3 South Hampstead neighbours mourn tree felled by Storm Christoph
- 4 Keeping your distance: Hampstead joggers and creperie crowds
- 5 Crouch End's 'Paul the Paper' bids farewell to Broadway stall
- 6 Buyers claim luxury flats are 'nightmare' construction site
- 7 Every single critical care bed full at hospitals
- 8 Hampstead families aim to raise £50,000 to feed Royal Free medics
- 9 'Big victory,' says man behind Haverstock Hill cycle lanes legal challenge
- 10 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes order scrapped by Camden Council