Call for volunteers and performers for Highgate Festival
- Credit: Polly Hancock
The Highgate Festival is calling for creatives, sponsors and volunteers for this year's event.
Now in its fifth year, the not-for-profit community festival runs from June 11-19 with a programme that is both virtual and in person.
From bands in Pond Square, to walking trails, to exhibitions at Lauderdale House, and talks and workshops at the Lit and Sci, the annual festival celebrates the "breadth and variety" of Highgate.
Whether it be dance, art, music or literature, local talent is invited to get involved.
"The festival encompasses every nook and cranny of Highgate and its aim is to connect and engage with the community, boost Highgate’s economy and support local artists, performers, cafes, pubs, restaurants, businesses and shops," said spokesperson Kathleen Molnar.
"Please help make the 2022 celebration of Highgate even more impressive, inclusive, interactive and inspiring."
The team is seeking both sponsors and volunteers who can help with admin, photography, filming or social media.
- 1 Five jailed after 'cold blooded' murder of Enfield father
- 2 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in north London
- 3 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Haringey
- 4 Crouch End pub ransacked and charity money stolen
- 5 Camden woman in running for Miss Universe Germany
- 6 Hampstead Town's first Labour councillor stands down weeks into office
- 7 Belsize Park phone box transformed into art gallery by prep school pupils
- 8 Man jailed for membership of banned neo-Nazi group National Action
- 9 Maskless passengers on London trains and buses fined 4,000 times
- 10 Royal beacon in Golders Hill shines light for Queen
"This joyful celebration of Highgate, is organised by a small group of locals who unselfishly dedicate their energies, expertise and time to the festival’s coordination," said Kathleen.
Visit highgatefestival.org or email firstname.lastname@example.org