Hey St Jude's: a host of talent lined up for proms
MUSICAL maestros are taking to the stage in Hampstead Garden Suburb for the annual St Jude s Proms. Jazz legend Humphrey Lyttelton and internationally acclaimed pianist John Lill are two of the big names due to perform in June. Others include guitar duo J
MUSICAL maestros are taking to the stage in Hampstead Garden Suburb for the annual St Jude's Proms.
Guitar duo John Williams and John Etheridge, the award-winning Fron Welsh male voice choir and jazz singer Stacey Kent are lined up for this year's festival of fine music on the Suburb.
The proms were launched last Sunday at the Henrietta Barnett School by percussion pair O Duo (pictured right).
Since Proms at St Jude's began in 1993, the event has raised more than £300,000 for various good causes. This year profits will be shared between Toynbee Hall in East London and the North London Hospice.
Chairman John Wheeler said: "Last year's festival beat all previous records for audience numbers and the amounts raised for our charities.
"Once again we have put on a world-class programme and can do even better. We simply could not do it without the support of so many, in particular our sponsors and the Friends of the Proms - and all our volunteers who generously devote so much time and expertise."
- 1 Hanukkah 2021: Five events in north London tonight
- 2 Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- 3 Warnings of ice across London amid plummeting temperatures
- 4 Burglar posing as police officer 'preyed upon the elderly'
- 5 Possible travel disruptions in north London this week
- 6 CCTV: Man makes ‘sexually explicit comments’ to teen on tube
- 7 Susan Jones obituary: A 'humble' Muswell Hill shop owner of 40 years
- 8 Artist with autism exhibits vibrant London scenes at Lido Cafe
- 9 North London Chorus to perform in Muswell Hill
- 10 Highgate Hill housing plans spark fears over new pub's future
Information on this year's Proms is at www.promsatstjudes.org.uk.