Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- Credit: PA
Hampstead Heath is set to hold its inaugural Christmas Fayre this winter.
The fair will include a Christmas tree market, fairground rides for young children, a German-style market selling festive goods and seasonal food and drink stalls.
The market, organised by the City of London Corporation (CoLC), opens this Saturday (November 27) and runs until January 2 2022.
Chair of CoLC's Hampstead Heath management committee Anne Fairweather said: “A visit to the Hampstead Heath Christmas Fayre followed by a long walk over the Heath will be the perfect way to enjoy the festivities with friends and family.
"I’m sure local residents to the Heath will be pleased that they have another option for buying a real Christmas tree," the chair added.
The fair will be located at East Heath – close to the South End Green entrance to the Heath.
It will open daily at 9am for the sale of Christmas trees. The market and children’s rides will open at 11am and the event will close at 7pm.
- 1 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 2 Maida Vale victims named as alleged suspect released on bail
- 3 Seven Sisters stabbing: Three jailed over Green Lanes gang killing
- 4 Crowdfunder launched to buy Mortimer Terrace Nature Reserve
- 5 NLWA signs contract for ‘significant’ Edmonton Incinerator project
- 6 Matt Lucas backs school's drive to build arts studio
- 7 'London is lagging behind – protect yourself and others from Covid'
- 8 Hampstead, Highgate and Muswell Hill constituency changes consultation
- 9 Muswell Hill service ‘disgraceful’ as Royal Mail crisis continues
- 10 'The state of Transport for London’s finances – or lack of them'
This is a free event and no advance booking is required.