Hampstead Heath to host first Christmas Fayre
- Credit: PA
Hampstead Heath is set to hold its inaugural Christmas Fayre this winter.
The fair will include a Christmas tree market, fairground rides for young children, a German-style market selling festive goods and seasonal food and drink stalls.
The market, organised by the City of London Corporation (CoLC), opens this Saturday (November 27) and runs until January 2 2022.
Chair of CoLC's Hampstead Heath management committee Anne Fairweather said: “A visit to the Hampstead Heath Christmas Fayre followed by a long walk over the Heath will be the perfect way to enjoy the festivities with friends and family.
"I’m sure local residents to the Heath will be pleased that they have another option for buying a real Christmas tree," the chair added.
The fair will be located at East Heath – close to the South End Green entrance to the Heath.
It will open daily at 9am for the sale of Christmas trees. The market and children’s rides will open at 11am and the event will close at 7pm.
- 1 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 2 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 3 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 4 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 5 Missing pet rabbit found by chance tip by stranger 'lucky to be alive'
- 6 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 7 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
- 8 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 9 Jailed: 'Brazen' cannabis sweet dealers sentenced
- 10 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
This is a free event and no advance booking is required.