A Night At The Opera with Hampstead Garden Opera
- Credit: Archant
The group’s annual selection of favourite arias will go ahead at St Michael’s Highgate in a concert that is fully compliant with Covid safety measures
Following the success of Hampstead Garden Opera’s staging of Savitri at Lauderdale House in August, north London’s leading opera group has announced its annual concert will go ahead at St Michael’s in Highgate.
A Night At The Opera with HGO features “a wonderful selection of opera favourites” by Handel, Mozart, Bernstein, Delibes, Rossini, Puccini, and Bizet ending with Verdi’s rollicking Brindisi from La Traviata.
Stars from recent productions; soprano Eleanor Ross, mezzo-soprano Esme Bronwen-Smith, tenor Monwabisi Lindi and baritone Peter Edge ,will perform with concert director Juliane Gallant at the Steinway for what HGO chairman David Conway promises will be “A truly fabulous night out!”
He added that the concert in South Grove on October 24 is fully compliant with the rules and guidance for COVID “which means we have had to restrict the number of seats available, so early booking is recommended.”
You may also want to watch:
“We have great pleasure in ensuring that one of Highgate’s annual musical highlights can once more take the stage, and that we can continue our mission of advancing young singers who will contribute to the future of British opera.”
Tickets £15-£20 Online booking only at hgoconcert.bpt.me/
Further information at www.hgo.org.uk
- 1 Rabindranath Tagore's Hampstead home on the market for £2.65m
- 2 Artist who captures North London's 'special light'
- 3 Hundreds of activists descend on north London incinerator demanding end to rebuild
- 4 Hampstead house ravaged by early morning blaze
- 5 'It's madness': Queues block north London roads amid petrol shortage
- 6 Pure Gym to open in Crouch End
- 7 Haverstock Hill petrol station 'assault' arrest as motorists queue for fuel
- 8 Petrol station forecourts closed and long queues in north London
- 9 Man charged with Haringey murder and victim named
- 10 Meet the entrepreneur helping Londoners find the cool dining spots