Carl Donnelly and Abdandoman at new Kentish Town comedy night
- Credit: the artists
The Grafton in Kentish Town welcomes a new comedy night this month.
On July 21 the line-up at the Prince of Wales Road venue will be Carl Donnelly, Abandoman, Alison Spittle , Michael Akadiri , Su Kaur and MC Siôn James.
The event is presented by Collywobblers Comedy and Fourpure Craft Beer, which will be including a free pint with each ticket.
Carl Donnelly, who has twice been nominated for the Edinburgh Comedy Award, will be a familiar face from appearances on comedy shows including Mock the Week, and from his Two Vegan Idiots Podcast.
Irish improvised hip hop comic Abandoman has not only appeared on shows including 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, but has toured with Ed Sheeran.
Alison Spittle is the co-host of Wheel Of Misfortune podcast, and is regular on shows including The Guilty Feminist podcast and BBC Radio 4’s Grownup Land.
Michael Akadiri was not just Komedia New Comedian of the Year 2020, but works as a junior doctor in the NHS.
- 1 Seven north London gastropubs voted best in UK
- 2 Mum's Balenciaga handbag 'mistakenly' sold by RSPCA charity shop
- 3 Boy, 14, charged following Harringay Sainsbury's stabbing
- 4 Colourful Crouch End bollards to get a repaint due to 'safety' concerns
- 5 Highgate School abuse: Staff had to 'shake themselves out of complacency'
- 6 Boy, 15, rushed to hospital after stabbing in Harringay Sainsbury's carpark
- 7 'Cover-up': Council withheld evidence from watchdog 'behind leader's back'
- 8 Care home opposite Kenwood labelled 'gross overdevelopment'
- 9 Holocaust Memorial Day: Hampstead pupils in Stoppard drama
- 10 Highgate School to overhaul safeguarding after sexual abuse review
The line-up is completed by Su Kaur, of whom it is said: "The fine line between class and crass, stuck between culture clash and a lot of trash. Straddling two cultures and being a disappointment in both."
The show will be organised in accordance with any Covid guidelines in place.
Food is available but arrive early for pre-comedy dining. The Grafton was the winner at the Publican Awards 2021. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to book.
Tickets are £10 in advance via https://www.jokepit.com/e/4887 or £15 cash on the door, subject to availability.
For information and group reservations, contact email@example.com or text 07734 805817.