Funk Rave at The Roundhouse
- Credit: Archant
Female fronted funk rock soul band Winnie & The Rockettes promise a night of dancing, glitter, sequins and “dirty slap bass”
Female fronted funk rock soul band Winnie & The Rockettes whip up a rave at The Roundhouse this month.
Doors of the Chalk Farm venue open at 7pm on March 26 for a night of 'dancing, glitter, sequins and dirty slap bass'.
Special guest DJ Melle Brown joins the four piece band, whose inspirations range from Prince to Motorhead and Kendrick Lamar.
Having previously played support for the legendary Chaka Khan, Winnie and co promise to peddle their power-soul lead-vocals, groovy guitar rhythms, bass and drums until they get you moving.
You may also want to watch:
The Funk Rave is on March 26 at The Roundhouse.
Tickets £10 from roundhouse.org.uk
- 1 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 2 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 3 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 4 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 5 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 6 Arteta: Arsenal have 'responsibility' to qualify for Europe
- 7 This destruction of a woodland site must be halted
- 8 Prince Philip remembered in pictures: London Zoo visits and trips to the theatre
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end