Funk Rave at The Roundhouse
- Credit: Archant
Female fronted funk rock soul band Winnie & The Rockettes promise a night of dancing, glitter, sequins and “dirty slap bass”
Female fronted funk rock soul band Winnie & The Rockettes whip up a rave at The Roundhouse this month.
Doors of the Chalk Farm venue open at 7pm on March 26 for a night of 'dancing, glitter, sequins and dirty slap bass'.
Special guest DJ Melle Brown joins the four piece band, whose inspirations range from Prince to Motorhead and Kendrick Lamar.
Having previously played support for the legendary Chaka Khan, Winnie and co promise to peddle their power-soul lead-vocals, groovy guitar rhythms, bass and drums until they get you moving.
You may also want to watch:
The Funk Rave is on March 26 at The Roundhouse.
Tickets £10 from roundhouse.org.uk
- 1 Missing: Highgate woman known to frequent Camden and Islington areas
- 2 Burglar of £100k watches and jewellery haul jailed
- 3 Neighbours fight plan for 'out of character' flats above nursery
- 4 Birthday Honours: Period Poverty campaigner Amika George becomes an MBE
- 5 Capita review could see Barnet Council services return in-house
- 6 Food Bank Aid joins estate agent in fight to keep up with demand
- 7 Birthday Honours: Cllr Jonathan Simpson 'astonished' to be made MBE
- 8 Birthday Honours: Gongs for Arlene Phillips, Jonathan Pryce and Engelbert Humperdinck
- 9 5 days out in London where you can meet the animals
- 10 Police officer guilty of spying on woman in the shower