For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures at Burgh House
- Credit: Archant
Joanna J Potter’s debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours inspired by the “vibrancy of nature”
Artworks of horses "and other exquisite creatures" go on show in Hampstead.
Joanna J Potter's debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours, inspired by her love of horses around the world since childhood.
Potter's technique is heavily influenced by the "vibrancy of nature" and the rich culture of her "heritage home" in Trinidad and Tobago.
Her passion for Tango and Flamenco feeds into a frequent choice to paint horse breeds from Spain and Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
Potter's peripatetic upbringing saw her move from Java to Nigeria and Scotland before studying at Chelsea College of Art and Middlesex University.
She is now a creative director and partner of a Graphic Design agency
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 3 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 6 'Peace and Quiet' of Muswell Hill in band's new video
- 7 When Prince's Sign o' the Times shop opened in Camden
- 8 Temple Fortune's Cohens Jewellers celebrates turning 50 - a year late
- 9 'Football is everything': Camden United on tackling knife crime and supporting community
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
(consortdesign.com) As well as horses she also paints portraits, flora and fauna, landscapes and abstract compositions in watercolour and oil.
Joanna J Potter's For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures is at Burgh House Hampstead from March 11-15.