For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures at Burgh House
- Credit: Archant
Joanna J Potter’s debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours inspired by the “vibrancy of nature”
Artworks of horses "and other exquisite creatures" go on show in Hampstead.
Joanna J Potter's debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours, inspired by her love of horses around the world since childhood.
Potter's technique is heavily influenced by the "vibrancy of nature" and the rich culture of her "heritage home" in Trinidad and Tobago.
Her passion for Tango and Flamenco feeds into a frequent choice to paint horse breeds from Spain and Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
Potter's peripatetic upbringing saw her move from Java to Nigeria and Scotland before studying at Chelsea College of Art and Middlesex University.
She is now a creative director and partner of a Graphic Design agency
- 1 London Assembly elections: Camden, Barnet and Haringey's candidates
- 2 Swimmers launch legal challenge to charges at Hampstead Heath Ponds
- 3 Owner mourns Highgate station’s beloved black cat
- 4 North London nurses: 1% NHS pay offer is a 'kick in the teeth'
- 5 Matt Hancock to give evidence at Infected Blood Inquiry
- 6 'Unacceptable' HGV use by developers in Church Row writes off 3 cars
- 7 Seven things to do in Hampstead and Highgate after May 17
- 8 London elections 2021 live: Latest results as they come in
- 9 Home of the week: Charming Victorian home for sale in Stroud Green
- 10 England captain Harry Kane renews his shirt sponsorship with Leyton Orient
(consortdesign.com) As well as horses she also paints portraits, flora and fauna, landscapes and abstract compositions in watercolour and oil.
Joanna J Potter's For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures is at Burgh House Hampstead from March 11-15.