For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures at Burgh House
- Credit: Archant
Joanna J Potter’s debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours inspired by the “vibrancy of nature”
Artworks of horses "and other exquisite creatures" go on show in Hampstead.
Joanna J Potter's debut exhibition sees the launch of her collection of equestrian watercolours, inspired by her love of horses around the world since childhood.
Potter's technique is heavily influenced by the "vibrancy of nature" and the rich culture of her "heritage home" in Trinidad and Tobago.
Her passion for Tango and Flamenco feeds into a frequent choice to paint horse breeds from Spain and Argentina.
You may also want to watch:
Potter's peripatetic upbringing saw her move from Java to Nigeria and Scotland before studying at Chelsea College of Art and Middlesex University.
She is now a creative director and partner of a Graphic Design agency
- 1 'Picture of health': Mum's tribute to son who died of sudden cardiac arrest
- 2 The Vagina Museum searches for new home as Camden Market leases end
- 3 Police investigate reported rape of teenager
- 4 Tennis coach 'distraught' at losing Belsize role amid club row
- 5 Piers Plowright: 'An extraordinary force, devoted to Hampstead'
- 6 London Zoo's aviary unwrapped to create new monkey home
- 7 Clapped in the street - and assaulted: Staff call for behaviour change in A&E
- 8 Watchdog upholds 27 complaints over 'systemic' failures by Haringey Council
- 9 Haverstock Hill cycle lanes given the green light
- 10 E-scooter rider arrested over suspected drug dealing
(consortdesign.com) As well as horses she also paints portraits, flora and fauna, landscapes and abstract compositions in watercolour and oil.
Joanna J Potter's For The Love of Horses and Other Exquisite Creatures is at Burgh House Hampstead from March 11-15.