Why don't we eat our cats? find out why at Food Junctions
Food Junctions is a new festival within a festival bringing together an extraordinary group of people to celebrate a subject close to all of our hearts (and stomachs): food. Part of the Reveal festival in Kings Cross and the Camley Street Natural Park
Food Junctions is a new 'festival within a festival' bringing together an extraordinary group of people to celebrate a subject close to all of our hearts (and stomachs): food.
Part of the Reveal festival in Kings Cross and the Camley Street Natural Park's 25th Anniversary Festival, Food Junctions has been organised by staff and students at UCL (University College London) in collaboration with Camden Council, local schools, businesses and campaign groups.
Jam-packed with a smorgasbord of free events, Food Junctions is all about celebrating food and its place in the lives of Londoners. With over 200 contributors the festival will feature a wide range of talks, hands-on workshops, demonstrations, tasting sessions, art and architecture installations, performances, films and much more.
The festival is designed to promote healthy living and local food production as well as to encourage visitors to explore the world of food politics, culture and research.
You may also want to watch:
Some tasty teasers from the festival programme:
Growing wine inside the M25: Urban Wines
- 1 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 2 How a 'terrifying' Hampstead spree of robberies was brought to an end
- 3 Hampstead, Highgate and Primrose Hill beer gardens reopening on April 12
- 4 Royal Free ITU nurse who swapped the Caribbean for a Covid ward
- 5 Primrose Hill to close at night this weekend after antisocial behaviour
- 6 Hampstead to trial unobtrusive electric vehicle charging points
- 7 Calls for law change after Highgate School sexual abuse allegations
- 8 The questions council 'must answer' after spending £23m on £10m office
- 9 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 10 Pressure mounts on Jose Mourinho Spurs as his former club Man United
Why aren't we eating our cats? Food culture and taboos
The War of the Vegetables: A history of the English Allotment movement
Hot Stuff! : The BioScience of Spicy Foods
Become a chocolate expert: tasting workshop with Choc Star
The full Menu of Events is available at: www.food-junctions.org.uk
More information about Reveal: http://revealkingscross.org.uk/ie6.html
All events are free of charge