Camden Town’s The Cuban bar celebrates 10th birthday with Made in Chelsea’s Fran Newman-Young and TV star Nancy Del’Ollio
- Credit: Archant
Eye-catching samba dancers and a host of celebrities made for a lively 10th birthday celebration of a popular Camden Town bar.
The mojitos were flowing as hundreds packed into The Cuban in the heart of Stables Market to enjoy thumping salsa music and a selection of delicious tapas offered on a new menu.
The lively anniversary party attracted some well-known faces into Camden, including Fran Newman-Young, star of reality show Made in Chelsea, TV personality Nancy Del’Ollio and Jo Wood, the former wife of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.
A mariachi band serenaded those not yet on the dancefloor before colourful carnival dancers on stilts drew everyone’s eye with spectacular samba moves.
The tapas of mini-burgers, juicy prawns and marinated mushrooms were tiny tasters of what the bar’s normal menu has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
But the bar’s best asset is undeniably its cocktails. We sampled mojitos, which had the perfect balance of sweet, sour and a pleasant minty freshness.
By the time we left late into the evening, nearly everyone was on their feet dancing music and trying out their best salsa moves.
- 1 Man in hospital after stabbing in Crouch End
- 2 Cyclist dies after Crouch End car door crash, police appeal for witnesses
- 3 Wounded Crouch End pensioner 'shaken up' after zebra crossing collision
- 4 Jimmy C obituary: Crouch End blues musician who 'brought so much love'
- 5 Camden Town Brewery's new Bavarian Beer Hall opens in Kentish Town
- 6 What Paulo Fonseca means for Tottenham Hotspur?
- 7 Covid-19 Delta variant cases rising in north London
- 8 New headteachers at Harris Academy St John's Wood and Camden School for Girls
- 9 Stephen Mangan's first book is a family affair
- 10 Rift over nursery plan for play area outside of Hornsey block
It’s safe to say The Cuban held itself a birthday bash to remember.