Camden Town’s The Cuban bar celebrates 10th birthday with Made in Chelsea’s Fran Newman-Young and TV star Nancy Del’Ollio
- Credit: Archant
Eye-catching samba dancers and a host of celebrities made for a lively 10th birthday celebration of a popular Camden Town bar.
The mojitos were flowing as hundreds packed into The Cuban in the heart of Stables Market to enjoy thumping salsa music and a selection of delicious tapas offered on a new menu.
The lively anniversary party attracted some well-known faces into Camden, including Fran Newman-Young, star of reality show Made in Chelsea, TV personality Nancy Del’Ollio and Jo Wood, the former wife of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.
A mariachi band serenaded those not yet on the dancefloor before colourful carnival dancers on stilts drew everyone’s eye with spectacular samba moves.
The tapas of mini-burgers, juicy prawns and marinated mushrooms were tiny tasters of what the bar’s normal menu has to offer.
You may also want to watch:
But the bar’s best asset is undeniably its cocktails. We sampled mojitos, which had the perfect balance of sweet, sour and a pleasant minty freshness.
By the time we left late into the evening, nearly everyone was on their feet dancing music and trying out their best salsa moves.
- 1 Spot the '90s pop stars in the Never Mind the Buzzcocks identity parade
- 2 Explore 8 of north London's prettiest streets
- 3 'It's devastating': Golders Green mother speaks out about rare genetic disease
- 4 'The Bell of Hampstead': New pub to take over Cork and Bottle site
- 5 Four charged following reports of antisemitism in St John's Wood
- 6 O2 Centre redevelopment: Decision draws on Camden planning guidance
- 7 'Family unit': 28 Church Row wins readers' favourite restaurant
- 8 Discover Crouch End's very own cathedral
- 9 'Lobster-like creature' pulled from Hampstead Heath ladies' pond
- 10 Christmas at Kenwood: 'Winter wonderland' primed for Hampstead Heath
It’s safe to say The Cuban held itself a birthday bash to remember.