Camden Town’s The Cuban bar celebrates 10th birthday with Made in Chelsea’s Fran Newman-Young and TV star Nancy Del’Ollio
- Credit: Archant
Eye-catching samba dancers and a host of celebrities made for a lively 10th birthday celebration of a popular Camden Town bar.
The mojitos were flowing as hundreds packed into The Cuban in the heart of Stables Market to enjoy thumping salsa music and a selection of delicious tapas offered on a new menu.
The lively anniversary party attracted some well-known faces into Camden, including Fran Newman-Young, star of reality show Made in Chelsea, TV personality Nancy Del’Ollio and Jo Wood, the former wife of Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood.
A mariachi band serenaded those not yet on the dancefloor before colourful carnival dancers on stilts drew everyone’s eye with spectacular samba moves.
The tapas of mini-burgers, juicy prawns and marinated mushrooms were tiny tasters of what the bar’s normal menu has to offer.
But the bar’s best asset is undeniably its cocktails. We sampled mojitos, which had the perfect balance of sweet, sour and a pleasant minty freshness.
By the time we left late into the evening, nearly everyone was on their feet dancing music and trying out their best salsa moves.
- 1 The most expensive homes sold in Haringey in November 2021
- 2 Air ambulance mobilised as boy, 15, knifed in South Hampstead
- 3 Italian sandwich shop opens in a Hampstead telephone box
- 4 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 5 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 6 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 7 3,000 new council homes for Haringey over next ten years
- 8 Haringey to splash £54m on Civic Centre makeover and extension
- 9 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 10 Camden gets £400k to overhaul planning system
It’s safe to say The Cuban held itself a birthday bash to remember.