Wine, cheese and caviar: New bar to open in South End Green
- Credit: Must/Mike Nuttall
A new wine bar is coming to Hampstead – with 70 options available by the glass.
Having founded its flagship St Albans bar in 2019, Must is set to open its second branch at 63 South End Road in early November.
The venue will offer public and private tastings of its international wine selection, as well as cheese, charcuterie and caviar platters.
Owner and chief executive Mike Nuttall said he hopes to give people the opportunity to "open their eyes to the world of wine".
The Hampstead resident told the Ham&High: "We are just really excited.
"I want this to be a really high quality, intimate but relaxed environment.
"We're opening in Hampstead because Covid highlighted the importance of our tight-knit community, and I really hope that locals will come in and support us."
- 1 Single evokes lockdown 'fairytale' camp on Hampstead Heath
- 2 Motorcyclist injured in Highgate Hill collision
- 3 'The law isn't important to us': Car tyres deflated by activists in Camden
- 4 Man in his 30s stabbed to death
- 5 Call to make road safer after car crash between Highgate and Crouch End
- 6 Hampstead school removes sanctioned oligarch's name from pavilion
- 7 Hampstead pharmacy under investigation over extra charges for prescriptions
- 8 Nazanin 'lived in the shadow' of prime minister's words
- 9 Cannabis sweets: the drugs danger that put 17 north London schoolgirls in hospital
- 10 Court: Disciplinary rules not followed in 'unfair' sacking, lawyer suggests
The wine expert said he had already hired eight staff members from the local area, and that career development and training were essential to a successful business.
During lockdown, Mike said he "seized opportunities" to grow Must's offering, providing online tastings for thousands of people, and he now has plans to expand into central and east London.
Tastings will be available to book online in the coming days.