Ham&High food writers to appear at literary festival
Ham&High restaurant reviewer Joseph Connolly and food writer Victoria Prever will be among the many star attractions at the first ever Hampstead & Highgate Literary Festival next month. Victoria Prever, who trained as a chef at Leith s School of Ford & Wi
Ham&High restaurant reviewer Joseph Connolly and food writer Victoria Prever will be among the many star attractions at the first ever Hampstead & Highgate Literary Festival next month.
Victoria Prever, who trained as a chef at Leith's School of Ford & Wine, will host Writing About Food on Tuesday, September 15, in the company of Claudia Roden, Judith Jones and Jill Norman.
The discussion takes place at the festival venue, Ivy House on North End Road, NW11, from 11am to noon. At 2pm the same day Joseph Connolly, author of more than 20 novels and non-fiction works, will be on the platform with Amanda Craig for a discussion entitled The Hampstead Novel?
The box office is now open and tickets can be bought in advance online at www.hamhighlitfest09.com, where the full programme for can also be viewed.
You may also want to watch:
Other featured writers include Sebastian Faulks, Esther Freud, Justin Somper, Vanessa Feltz, Michael Frayn, Martin Bell, Kathy Lette and Arabella Weir.
Book sales and signing will be held after each event by Daunt Books.
- 1 £5,000 of crack cocaine and heroin found in Hampstead home
- 2 'The euphoria felt like the Summer of Love' – Kaleidoscope at Ally Pally
- 3 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
- 4 Teenager's artwork reimagines grandfather's class photo
- 5 'Wartime spirit' as residents save shops from flash floods
- 6 Haringey Council launches investigation into land deal with rapper
- 7 5 great places in north London to get away from the summer crowds
- 8 Highgate's assassin: the student hostel where a murder was planned
- 9 Letters: The floods!
- 10 See inside the new superhero kids' clothing store with indoor bike ramps