Ham&High food writers to appear at literary festival
Ham&High restaurant reviewer Joseph Connolly and food writer Victoria Prever will be among the many star attractions at the first ever Hampstead & Highgate Literary Festival next month. Victoria Prever, who trained as a chef at Leith s School of Ford & Wi
Ham&High restaurant reviewer Joseph Connolly and food writer Victoria Prever will be among the many star attractions at the first ever Hampstead & Highgate Literary Festival next month.
Victoria Prever, who trained as a chef at Leith's School of Ford & Wine, will host Writing About Food on Tuesday, September 15, in the company of Claudia Roden, Judith Jones and Jill Norman.
The discussion takes place at the festival venue, Ivy House on North End Road, NW11, from 11am to noon. At 2pm the same day Joseph Connolly, author of more than 20 novels and non-fiction works, will be on the platform with Amanda Craig for a discussion entitled The Hampstead Novel?
The box office is now open and tickets can be bought in advance online at www.hamhighlitfest09.com, where the full programme for can also be viewed.
You may also want to watch:
Other featured writers include Sebastian Faulks, Esther Freud, Justin Somper, Vanessa Feltz, Michael Frayn, Martin Bell, Kathy Lette and Arabella Weir.
Book sales and signing will be held after each event by Daunt Books.
- 1 Swimmers find exotic python lurking outside lido
- 2 Curious Crouch End: From Mrs Hitler to the 'The Hornsey Revolution'
- 3 'Decades of cycling infrastructure progress in just a year'
- 4 Baked to perfection: Dunns rakes in prizes at World Bread Awards
- 5 Christmas trees and lights set for Hampstead return
- 6 North London police officer suspended and charged with theft
- 7 'Unacceptable': Fury over Crouch End roadworks diverting W5 bus
- 8 Squares Pizzeria: Authentic Italian meets effortless elegance
- 9 Objectors fear housing plans threaten chance of Highgate pub return
- 10 MP bemoans closure of Lloyds Bank in Muswell Hill