Hakkasan’s taste from the east heads west
- Credit: Archant
The Michelin-starred Mayfair restaurant has now extended its home deliveries to Hampstead and beyond so we chased down the delightful Dragon Menu to North West London
Dim Sum packed with crab and lobster, duck - both crispy in a salad, and meltingly tender in an aromatic sauce - slow-cooked curried pork on the bone.
These were served up by Michelin starred eaterie Hakkasan and ferried to you door under their delivery arm Hakkasan at Home.
The Mayfair restaurant, which celebrates Cantonese flavours, has now extended their delivery reach to Hampstead and beyond, so it seemed churlish not to try it.
Order from signature menus and dishes or the a la carte menu - we tried the Dragon Menu, for Two with delectable, generously filled dim sum topped with caviar; taking take-aways to a new height.
The duck and pork mains were certainly crowd-pleasers, but a perfectly cooked flaky hunk of white fish in a heavenly spice blend generated oohs and left us wondering how they had pulled it off as a take-out.
Little dipping sauces, Pak Choi and sides of rice completed the feast.
- 1 Cops swoop on cannabis farm rumoured to be 'largest ever' busted in Haringey
- 2 Landlord scales back 40% rent rise - but it is too late for some tenants
- 3 The man who wants to put trains among the trees from Muswell Hill to Highgate
- 4 Highgate pub gets the go-ahead to reopen
- 5 'We don't need to drink more coffee' say cafés as Joe & The Juice moves in
- 6 The most expensive homes sold in Camden in November 2021
- 7 Murphy's Yard 825-home tower block development to be 'car free'
- 8 Ricky Gervais behind new benches for people grieving to 'talk and reflect'
- 9 Watchdog: Ex-council leader's conduct over housing development was 'flawed'
- 10 Ex-manager admits defrauding Paddington Sports Club
Or try the celebratory ’Supreme’ menu, with Hakkasan’s iconic Peking duck with Prunier Caviar, paired with a selection from their wine menu, perfect for a very special evening in.
Order via Deliveroo
www.hakkasan.com 020 7907 1888.