Expert who chooses wine for the Queen launches book in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
A wine expert who chooses the best bottles for the Queen is to sign copies of her latest book in Belsize Park.
Belsize Park based Jancis Robinson OBE, regarded as one of the most respected wine critics in the world, will launch her book The 24-Hour Wine Expert between 5pm and 7pm at Wine Rack in Haverstock Hill tomorrow.
Enthusiasts can toast the occasion by taking part in a free wine tasting, led by Wine Rack staff.
Robinson’s book aims to make you an expert in wine in just 24 hours and only 100 pages, teaching you how to understand labels, perfect food pairings, common grape varieties, prominent wine regions, and wine jargon.
Jancis Robinson said: “My book aims to make readers a self-confident wine expert in just 24 hours by stripping away the non-essentials and concentrating on what really matters.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll be signing copies on Friday evening, so people can drop by the store and enjoy a post-working week glass of wine with me.”
Sean Gustafsson, manager of Wine Rack Belsize Park, said: “It’s great that Jancis is taking time out of her busy schedule to join this event for our local customers.
- 1 Armed police search Tube at Finchley Road and find 'imitation' gun
- 2 Teenage girls charged with Hampstead robberies
- 3 Camden Council seeks to honour Covid-19 pandemic heroes
- 4 'Big elephant's backside': David Hare and Nicole Farhi slam house plans
- 5 Mary Feilding Guild: New Highgate owner claims 'widespread Legionella'
- 6 HIV 'progress is stalling' says Royal Free doctor who consulted on It's A Sin
- 7 'Silver lining of lockdown': Blockheads saxophonist brings Muswell Hill cheer
- 8 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 9 Brian Rose: Who is the London mayoral candidate in the suit on the billboards?
- 10 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
“The team here read her column in the Financial Times religiously, so we’re really looking forward to picking her brains. Jancis also chooses wine for Buckingham Palace, so we’ll have to grill her on the wines that Her Majesty drinks!”
The 24-Hour Wine Expert is published by Penguin, priced at £4.99.