Expert who chooses wine for the Queen launches book in Belsize Park
- Credit: Archant
A wine expert who chooses the best bottles for the Queen is to sign copies of her latest book in Belsize Park.
Belsize Park based Jancis Robinson OBE, regarded as one of the most respected wine critics in the world, will launch her book The 24-Hour Wine Expert between 5pm and 7pm at Wine Rack in Haverstock Hill tomorrow.
Enthusiasts can toast the occasion by taking part in a free wine tasting, led by Wine Rack staff.
Robinson’s book aims to make you an expert in wine in just 24 hours and only 100 pages, teaching you how to understand labels, perfect food pairings, common grape varieties, prominent wine regions, and wine jargon.
Jancis Robinson said: “My book aims to make readers a self-confident wine expert in just 24 hours by stripping away the non-essentials and concentrating on what really matters.
You may also want to watch:
“I’ll be signing copies on Friday evening, so people can drop by the store and enjoy a post-working week glass of wine with me.”
Sean Gustafsson, manager of Wine Rack Belsize Park, said: “It’s great that Jancis is taking time out of her busy schedule to join this event for our local customers.
- 1 Is lockdown working in north London? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 2 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 3 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 4 O2 Centre: developer Landsec 'looking to re-provide' Sainsbury's
- 5 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 6 Camden man charged with prostitution offences and sexual exploitation
- 7 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 8 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 9 Billy Vunipola fails to impress as Saracens lose to Ealing
- 10 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
“The team here read her column in the Financial Times religiously, so we’re really looking forward to picking her brains. Jancis also chooses wine for Buckingham Palace, so we’ll have to grill her on the wines that Her Majesty drinks!”
The 24-Hour Wine Expert is published by Penguin, priced at £4.99.