Bobby Fitzpatrick, West Hampstead, review: ‘Whoever Bobby was he throws a helluva party’
- Credit: Archant
The team behind Heist Bank and Alice House have taken over La Brocca on West End Lane
Even through the rose tinted glasses of my childhood, the food and décor in the 70s was terrible and the music was great.
‘Let’s do the Timewarp’ we sang along to the Rocky Horror, and that’s just how it felt walking into Bobby Fitzpatrick, in West Hampstead.
The team behind Heist Bank and Alice House have taken over La Brocca on West End Lane and had great fun sourcing original formica tables, shag-pile carpets and browny-green swirly wallpaper to rig out Bobby’s kitchen, lounge and living room.
There’s a comfy retro appeal to sitting on a brown pouffe under a signed photo of Leo Sayer sipping sticky rum cocktails and eating soft white flour pizza from a time before sourdough and burrata. (Chicken tikka or doner kebab toppings an option.)
You may also want to watch:
Surf the backlash against superfoods, kale and fancy foreign ingredients with a signature burger that comes with Red Leicester in the middle. Deep fried mushrooms had me reminiscing about my first waitressing job. Even the Panini football stickers on the Pina Colada slushie machine looked the ticket. Pineapple and prosecco rum punch served in the kind of bowl that used to house carkeys was a winner, but lay off too many cocktails or the sugar rush will have you dancing along to some of the great vintage tunes pumping into Bobby’s party pad.
As with any house party the kitchen was thronged at a venue that’s all about having fun. Whoever Bobby was he throws a helluva party.
- 1 Car driver arrested after crash with van in Camden Town
- 2 'Safe and secure home' - Camden takes landlord to court over eviction threat
- 3 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 4 Charitable hospital set to open new £35m wing
- 5 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 6 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 7 North London floods return – with South End Green deluged again
- 8 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 9 Thames Water 'sorry' after Finchley Road diversion sees cars damaged
- 10 'Like the Fleet's resurfaced': Flash flooding hits Hampstead and Highgate
Bobby Fitzpatrick is at 273 West End Lane 02074331989