Edward Hall named as Hampstead Theatre's new artistic director
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010. Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010.
Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board of Hampstead Theatre said:
''Edward has an enormous amount of energy and confidence to bring to the company. He has broad experience across the theatre and film mediums, and an infectious excitement for bringing the most innovative theatre-makers together. We eagerly anticipate his first season.''
Mr Hall has won numerous awards and critical acclaim for his inventive and visceral direction of new and classic plays, musicals and television drama.
You may also want to watch:
His all-male Shakespeare company, Propeller, mounts productions every 12 to 18 months which tour in the UK and internationally, regularly playing at BAM in New York and festivals around Europe.
Mr Hall said: ''Hampstead Theatre and I share a passion for finding new audiences for theatre and I am thrilled to be taking over as Artistic Director. I am excited by the long and successful association with new writing and with the opportunities the building offers in creating a dynamic dialogue between the audience and the actors.''
- 1 Northern Line tube 'assault': CCTV images released of two women
- 2 Golders Green Hippodrome sold as Islamic centre plan abandoned
- 3 Best friends: Meet the man and his cat exploring London on a bike
- 4 Hundreds gather on Primrose Hill to mourn Nicole Hurley
- 5 Jailed: Man who murdered friend Jack Ampadu in Kentish Town
- 6 Hampstead Miss Universe GB finalist champions mixed-heritage representation
- 7 Primrose Hill candlelight vigil to celebrate life of Nicole Hurley
- 8 Hundreds arrested after police crackdown on county lines
- 9 Gravestone is a reminder that slavery left its mark in north London
- 10 Top spooky Halloween events in Hampstead and Highgate
READ BRIDGET GALTON'S INTERVIEW WITH EDWARD HALL IN TOMORROW'S HAM&HIGH EDITIONS.