Edward Hall named as Hampstead Theatre's new artistic director
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010. Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010.
Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board of Hampstead Theatre said:
''Edward has an enormous amount of energy and confidence to bring to the company. He has broad experience across the theatre and film mediums, and an infectious excitement for bringing the most innovative theatre-makers together. We eagerly anticipate his first season.''
Mr Hall has won numerous awards and critical acclaim for his inventive and visceral direction of new and classic plays, musicals and television drama.
You may also want to watch:
His all-male Shakespeare company, Propeller, mounts productions every 12 to 18 months which tour in the UK and internationally, regularly playing at BAM in New York and festivals around Europe.
Mr Hall said: ''Hampstead Theatre and I share a passion for finding new audiences for theatre and I am thrilled to be taking over as Artistic Director. I am excited by the long and successful association with new writing and with the opportunities the building offers in creating a dynamic dialogue between the audience and the actors.''
- 1 Anger over Thames Water and Westminster Council's flash floods response
- 2 Piers Plowright obituary: BBC and Hampstead star dies at 83
- 3 Man charged with indecent exposure and voyeurism in West Hampstead
- 4 'Something out of Blade Runner?' BT eyes screen near cinema
- 5 O2 Centre: Developer says it 'will listen' but still aiming for 1,900 homes
- 6 Hampstead 'business hero' honoured for work with Soho Dairy street stall
- 7 CQC says Royal Free 'comprehensively responded' to maternity issues
- 8 Camden councillors rally against constituency boundary changes
- 9 Suburb couple start canal concerts with afternoon tea
- 10 Convicted terrorist sent back to jail after bin lorry breach
READ BRIDGET GALTON'S INTERVIEW WITH EDWARD HALL IN TOMORROW'S HAM&HIGH EDITIONS.