Edward Hall named as Hampstead Theatre's new artistic director
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010. Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010.
Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board of Hampstead Theatre said:
''Edward has an enormous amount of energy and confidence to bring to the company. He has broad experience across the theatre and film mediums, and an infectious excitement for bringing the most innovative theatre-makers together. We eagerly anticipate his first season.''
Mr Hall has won numerous awards and critical acclaim for his inventive and visceral direction of new and classic plays, musicals and television drama.
You may also want to watch:
His all-male Shakespeare company, Propeller, mounts productions every 12 to 18 months which tour in the UK and internationally, regularly playing at BAM in New York and festivals around Europe.
Mr Hall said: ''Hampstead Theatre and I share a passion for finding new audiences for theatre and I am thrilled to be taking over as Artistic Director. I am excited by the long and successful association with new writing and with the opportunities the building offers in creating a dynamic dialogue between the audience and the actors.''
- 1 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 2 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 3 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 4 Camden's Levertons to arrange the funeral of Prince Philip on April 17
- 5 Helen McCrory: 'Mighty' Tufnell Park actress dies aged 52
- 6 Hampstead Ballet School star wins place at Bolshoi academy in Moscow
- 7 Hampstead robberies: Inside the police chase which caught 8 violent criminals
- 8 Tottenham boss Mourinho unsure on extent of Harry Kane's injury
- 9 Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe: Wait for second verdict could last 'until Easter'
- 10 What's next? Covid-19 and the future of Hampstead Village
READ BRIDGET GALTON'S INTERVIEW WITH EDWARD HALL IN TOMORROW'S HAM&HIGH EDITIONS.