Edward Hall named as Hampstead Theatre's new artistic director
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010. Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board
Hampstead Theatre has named its new Artistic Director. Edward Hall will lead the company from the end of January and his inaugural season will be announced later this spring or early summer, to open in autumn 2010.
Dame Jenny Abramsky, Chair of the Board of Hampstead Theatre said:
''Edward has an enormous amount of energy and confidence to bring to the company. He has broad experience across the theatre and film mediums, and an infectious excitement for bringing the most innovative theatre-makers together. We eagerly anticipate his first season.''
Mr Hall has won numerous awards and critical acclaim for his inventive and visceral direction of new and classic plays, musicals and television drama.
You may also want to watch:
His all-male Shakespeare company, Propeller, mounts productions every 12 to 18 months which tour in the UK and internationally, regularly playing at BAM in New York and festivals around Europe.
Mr Hall said: ''Hampstead Theatre and I share a passion for finding new audiences for theatre and I am thrilled to be taking over as Artistic Director. I am excited by the long and successful association with new writing and with the opportunities the building offers in creating a dynamic dialogue between the audience and the actors.''
- 1 Hospital staff describe 'distressing' battle against rising Covid cases
- 2 Royal Free's critical care beds 98pc full as Covid-19 cases top 500
- 3 Joan Bakewell fires legal threat to government over second Covid jab
- 4 Lord's Cricket Ground used as Covid-19 vaccination centre
- 5 Royal Mail delays in Hornsey 'could see Covid-19 vaccination letters missed'
- 6 Mikel Arteta 'excited' by Arsenal's appointment of Richard Garlick
- 7 One in ten people without symptoms Covid positive at Haringey centres
- 8 Ice cream shop supporting freelancers opens in Primose Hill
- 9 Golders Green care home staff set for strike action
READ BRIDGET GALTON'S INTERVIEW WITH EDWARD HALL IN TOMORROW'S HAM&HIGH EDITIONS.