Hampstead gallery reopens with stunning landscapes
- Credit: Catto Gallery/Simon Garden
Hampstead's Catto Gallery reopens its doors after lockdown on Monday (April 12) with an uplifting solo show by artist Simon Garden.
Garden's beautiful dreamlike landscapes and humorous figures have both an atmosphere of mystery and an enchanting playfulness.
The artist, who has exhibited often at the Royal Academy, layers on his paint so the texture becomes part of the composition.
He achieves his subtle, vibrant colours by making his own paint - from a blend of oil, salt, sand and hot water, emulsified, boiled and mixed with dried or liquid pigments.
"Any poetry in these images is about the abstract, the shape and the hue," he says.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Garden's exhibition runs at Catto Gallery, 100 Heath Street, Hampstead until April 28.
- 1 Buyers launch legal action after £75k bill for flammable cladding
- 2 Car crashes through South Hampstead garden wall - cyclist seriously injured
- 3 Developer's plan for six houses in old pub car park in Highgate Hill
- 4 Abandoned burger trailer finally removed from Muswell Hill street
- 5 Senior councillors knew of chance to buy office block for £12m less than they paid
- 6 The Heath, exhaust theft, public access, Centene, the Streatery and more
- 7 Nazanin may become 'bargaining chip' in Iran nuclear deal, warns husband
- 8 Woman dies after house fire in Muswell Hill
- 9 Boy George and Bananarama join Kenwood 2021 concert line up
- 10 New Belsize restaurant Cinder enjoys busy opening after lockdown delays